New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was over in Delaware today, had some business to take care of, so I knocked on a door and asked for permission. The owner said ok after he interrogated me as to "what exactly are you looking for?" I told him old relics and old advertising tokens. He said, "ok but outside the fence" which meant the front and side yards.
This rang 13-46 at 6 inches, down eight inches I found it. I believe it is a match stick case, I looked hard for the other half/lid. It came out looking like silver, couple hours later I had myself convinced it was aluminum. I looked and looked for a silver mark and could not find one. So I broke out the baking soda and a few minutes later I seen the sterling mark.

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

Upvote 25
Oh yeah, Abe, I used a dremel with 800 grit sandpaper and baking soda, two minutes later this was the finished product. That's how commercial roofers do things, fast and hard. It frees us up for metal detecting. And guess what else, I'm going to have to do that four letter word next week instead of metal detecting. WORK! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, lol.
Noooooooo not work bud lol! Hopefully not for very long my man. That is a gorgeous relic you found bud. Just beautiful. You did an awesome job with the dremel, sander, and chisel. No need for the Jack hammer on this one :-)

Wow. That is really cool.

I wished you had a quarter next to it for sizing. Otherwise it almost looks like a cigarette case.

Wish you were with me.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I forgot, found two wheats, 1945 and a 1958. George said I'm getting spoiled because I didn't, last few post even mention the wheats.That's not good I should have more gratitude!

I thought maybe there was some agreement that you had to sign and swear to saying you would only tell people you find silver or gold with the CTX lol.

Glad the ctx is working out well for you, boy you really get around detecting. Great find.

Yes! !!! He is a metal detecting HOE!!!
He'll swing with anyone...lol

Yes! !!! He is a metal detecting HOE!!!
He'll swing with anyone...lol

That's just wrong on many levels.........lol!!!

I bought my new old car in Feb,I have put 17,000 miles on it so far lol
Have detector will travel.

Hey I've put about 7-8 hundred on mine just coming down your way a few times

Hey Chris I just wanted to show you this. I read on another thread you'd really like to find one of these. Shall I send one of mine down there buddy? Lol

image-839791822.jpg

Oh I am such a JERK! Some day I will pay for all of these mean things that I think are SOOOOOOOO funny ha ha ha

Hey Chris I just wanted to show you this. I read on another thread you'd really like to find one of these. Shall I send one of mine down there buddy? Lol

View attachment 1063974
Hey I wished for a kg and finally got one thanks to george, this might work too lol

In the words of old dude, george "made my dreams come true" lol

Sad part is he technically kinda did lol!!

Oh I am such a JERK! Some day I will pay for all of these mean things that I think are SOOOOOOOO funny ha ha ha
Nah, your alright for an old guy lol
By the way your bullets are FAKES!!!!:laughing7:

Nah, your alright for an old guy lol
By the way your bullets are FAKES!!!!:laughing7:

Damn bro I'm only 38. If I'm old what the hell does that make Treb? Dirt lol

Damn bro I'm only 38. If I'm old what the hell does that make Treb? Dirt lol
Lol I'm 35, so my comment is invalid lol

Dave is the dirt BTW lmao

Don't make me pull this car over and separate you kids!

Maybe when you're 38 you can dig a 3 ringer.....and a couple 2 Reales lol

Sorry dad but he started it. Ok actually I did but he deserved it :-)

sorry GRANDPA!!LMAO

Sorry dad but he started it. Ok actually I did but he deserved it :-)

wait a second here, all I said is in want something and I deserved it?.........wth?, im so deleting you from my friends list lol and since dad ain't doing anything I'm telling uncle vino!

Last edited:
sorry GRANDPA!!LMAO

wait a second here, all I said is in want something and I deserved it?.........wth?, im so deleting you from my friends list lol and since dad ain't doing anything I'm telling uncle vino!

Too late I already ratted you out to Vino! He said you're NEVER invited again on a hunt lol. And he's sending a limo to Maine to bring me down to hunt ALL of his sites

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back