CTH, things I found and 1 thing I wish I hadnt found

Re: CTH, things I found and 1 thing I wish I hadn't found

On the phone with Judie she has no cable, no internet, but home safe and sound, but she also has something else the same as us, bites red bites bumps on her neck and scalp. Has not been to Dr. yet trying to talk her into it! Cant beleive it is Wed. and still has it! But I didnt have any bumps, the they must be affecting us similar but not exactly the same!

Well,I kinda feel left out.I didn't get bit once(by a bug).Of course I didn't use any of that sissy spray either.The bugs got immuned to that cutters stuff a few years ago,they belly up to the bar for it now.Everyone talks how great a dryer sheet(bounce) or Avon's SSS works but I didn't see anyone using those either.I'm sorry you guys got the bites.Maybe Sunday was just a worse time for them.

warsawdaddy said:
Well,I kinda feel left out.I didn't get bit once(by a bug).Of course I didn't use any of that sissy spray either.The bugs got immuned to that cutters stuff a few years ago,they belly up to the bar for it now.Everyone talks how great a dryer sheet(bounce) or Avon's SSS works but I didn't see anyone using those either.I'm sorry you guys got the bites.Maybe Sunday was just a worse time for them.

its because you ate the Salty Garlic Gnat Repellant Dilly Beans.....same as us.....we didnt swell up from the gnats either....just the poison ivy....I will have to add more salt to keep the poison ivy at bay!.....I will probally market this next year....LOL :D :D

I didn't want to post thinking maybe it was just me but now it seems like I wasn't the only one. Got a few spots on the left side of my neck and one on the chin. Those little suckers just wouldn't leave me alone.

I don't remember any of them from last year.

Hope everyone gets better.

allergic reaction, y'might try this (was "what I wish I hadn't found")

Good golly, it sounds like a lot of folks were hit hard by the whatever-it-was!

What I hit Nana with at the hotel was "Emu Oil."

It has helped with rashes, swelling - from allergies &/or bug bites - as well as deep 3rd degree burns (ask me about hubby's finger - not even a scar now).

I originally got it at http://www.herbalhealer.com (check out the pics- they're for real), but you can get it from the supplier here: http://www.backcountrynaturals.com/

It's not cheap, but it's even more effective than aloe vera. Incredible stuff.

good luck, y'all, you're in my thoughts & prayers
Nan

Cynangyl said:
I got a few bites but none that did any swelling thank goodness! Will keep ya in my prayers! Was sure great meeting you finally!

Those kind of bites don't swell Cyn. :tongue3: May be you should ask the biter though.
Burdie

Burdie said:
Cynangyl said:
I got a few bites but none that did any swelling thank goodness! Will keep ya in my prayers! Was sure great meeting you finally!

Those kind of bites don't swell Cyn. :tongue3: May be you should ask the biter though.
Burdie

ROFL I am soooooooo gonna get you for that one!! :tongue3:

I dont recall being bit by anything out there. I do remember the skeeters saturday morning and some knats but no issues with bites.

Attachments

• thumbnailCA0FK3HB.jpg
    thumbnailCA0FK3HB.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 729

Hey Y'all :wave:

Those gnats took a snack on me too. Honest to goodness they look like red bug (chigger) bites and itch like crazy. I woke up with swollen eyes and red, raised welps on my neck and behind my ears, all along the hairline, including my head. Gosh, I'm holding that urge to scratch. Stopped at the library to use the computer, while waiting on my prescription to be filled. After talking with Evy, I felt I better go to the doctor after she read me the posts of the problems everyone else was having with welps. The doctor was going to give me a steriod shot, but I did not want it, he wrote a prescription for some kind of a strong topical ointment and a oral medicaton to take. Someone did have some SOS out in the field, but I believe by the time I rubbed it on, I was already bitten too many times.

I will be glad when I get internet/cable services back so I can post more freely, having to come to the library is not very comfortable. So y'all see me me posting/replying more later when I get back on line.

Judie

Johnny Ringo Silver said:
I don't recall being bit by anything out there. I do remember the skeeters Saturday morning and some gnats but no issues with bites.

I didn't notice a thing out there JR. Just wait till I tell every one how a little ole gnat bothered these sweet folks. :tongue3: :tongue3:
I promise to let you hunt inside next time :wink:

I had one farmer tell me that once you get bitten. Any time you get sexually excited you will swell up. I didn't ask any more questions.

Burdie

Burdie said:
Johnny Ringo Silver said:
I don't recall being bit by anything out there. I do remember the skeeters Saturday morning and some gnats but no issues with bites.

I didn't notice a thing out there JR. Just wait till I tell every one how a little ole gnat bothered these sweet folks. :tongue3: :tongue3:
I promise to let you hunt inside next time :wink:

I had one farmer tell me that once you get bitten. Any time you get sexually excited you will swell up. I didn't ask any more questions.

Burdie

You're right Burdie,that's what happens to me,too.I must have been bitten sometime.I thought I was just allergic to girls!

GOOD NEWS I didn't have to go in the hospital for the bites. My eye is getting better but still has a ways to go. Now I have to learn how to smell like a local next time so I won't get bit. I leave this open to interpretation which I am sure will be explained to me! I'm gonna go outside and take some pictures of my junk ( I mean the things I found including the Viking stuff).

Juanmoretime said:
GOOD NEWS I didn't have to go in the hospital for the bites. My eye is getting better but still has a ways to go. Now I have to learn how to smell like a local next time so I won't get bit. I leave this open to interpretation which I am sure will be explained to me! I'm gonna go outside and take some pictures of my junk ( I mean the things I found including the Viking stuff).

It's easy to learn,Steve.You just bend from the waist and put your nose close to the ground and walk around.It's a little hard to scratch behind your ear though.

I had a couple mosquitoes bite me (back of arm and calf) and fall off deader than a hammer......... but no other bugs and no swelling or rash. Then again, we who are descended from hardy Viking stock scare most bugs away with our machismo....... Right Gyp!? ;D

But seriously, Evy, Steve, Judie, Mel, everybody get better, ok!!!!!!

LOL viking stock indeed! Good to see you finally woke up again brother dork! We missed ya!

Bobby thank you again for that whip :wink:
(Thats why dont need the dog house)

Burdie I know there was no bugs last year except a few flies, I think they just didnt want us didin their field! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back