CRISPINS CRITTERS

Scott, glad to know you. I like you already, especially your taste in food, not sure about taste in movies. I just finished watching "The Sixth Sense," great movie. I have taken my sleeping pills and am ready for the perimeter check. Catch you later.

Fave a good night,

Johnny

Keep your friends close and your weapon closer. :thumbsup:
Pleasant dreams, my Friend.

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the 11 y/o first soccer game!!!!!! He's so pumped he's sleeping in his uniform!!!!!!!!

2GF,

It is good that he is pumped!

Give him pointers, support, but also talk about the possibility of failure and loss.

He should be aware of the chance that success is just beyond his grasp.

Perhaps not by his fault, but the possibility that the other team might be just a bit better; just enough to win.
Don't dwell on that possibility, just be sure to mention that it might happen and that if he gives his best, you will be proud of him. As I am!
I'm sure that you will also show him how to be a "Good Sport" regardless of the outcome. Win or lose.
And you my Friend, have an opportunity to lead a child toward adulthood that I never had.
I wish for you wisdom and strength in your endeavor!
When one teaches a child, they are the mentors of future Humanity.

Here's hoping for the win!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
Now that my transportation concerns are taken care of,
Ain't it about time for ole Scotty to find an Ovation Guitar?
I have a whole notebook of lyrics waiting to work out some melodies.....

Got my eyes open and will find my new love soon.....
I saw an electric Gibson with dual Humbuckers on one of the local Facebook groups that I moderate a few days ago.
The price was right and they were also selling a Peavy amp.....
Yeah, I'm searching for the post to make an offer on both.....

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
There ain't no two ways about it.

You either like anchovies or you don't.

I DO!

View attachment 1499561

They are great on pizza and go good with beer!

I can eat them right out of the tin!

But, then again, I like C-rats.....'Cause I know what being hungry is in a bunker below zero.
STILL have my P-38 from 40 years ago.....
Military chow?
I've heard that the Navy is the best....:dontknow:

Any would beat College chow of ramen! :laughing7:

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
Gonna clean out my truck tomorrow and other chores so I'm gonna have one of them Milky Way candy bars as I finish the last 30 or so pages of Vol. 3 of the Carl Sandburg books I'm reading before lights out.

But, before I retire, one quick question....

Dare I purchase a 50 pound bag of peanuts to boil with my special seasonings?

"Maybe...."

377748811_5241798435001_5241797494001-vs.jpg

Goodnight my Friends....

Scott

Last edited:
Scott,

We bought our first freezer about 30 years ago and we're on our 2nd one now about 1/2 size model but still big enough for the 2 of us.
It paid for itself many times over when loading up on specials and freezing summer produce.
Just do yourself a favor and keep an inventory list on the fridge and add or delete items as necessary otherwise you manage to forget what you have in storage....lol.

Got my first order of "Employee" purchase today.

5 pounds of crumbled blue cheese, Salads will be much better from now on,
1 case of 36 "Milky Way" candy bars, to enjoy as dessert for my lunch breaks and as a snack before bedtime as I read my books,
A 5 pound bag of "Gummi Worms," for the kid in me,
A 28 ounce tin of anchovies for a few Saturday Night pizzas,
And an 18" pizza oven screen!

My!
Tomorrow is Saturday, ain't it?

I got a large frozen pizza to "doctor up" for tomorrow including pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, black olives, the anchovies, pepper jack shredded cheese and jalapenos!

I wonder what the cheesy "Svengoolie" movie will be.....:icon_scratch:

I got the pizza ready to go!

Best,

Scott

PS. Time to look into buying a freezer, I guess before I buy cases of wings, etc.

Woohoo just won our first game 5-2 He played keeper for half and defender for half. Awesome he's still pumped! I got ya Scott. It's not if you win or lose, it's the journey. I'll tell everyone this, they stood for the National Anthem, and at the end they all shook hands even the hands of the fans!!!!! You know what NFL means? Not For Long.

Last edited:
One more comment. Have you guys heard that term " Soccer moms?" OH MY LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC when I crossed the field, my jaw dropped!!! Probably because quite a few spoke to me! Haha Uncle Bill you sure have a great taste in music!!

Folks,

Ramping it up a bit for a change of pace.

Stone Temple Pilots - Revolution tribute to John Lennon live.

Folks,

We're having Eggplant Parmesan for supper tonight....our version is slightly different but this one will hit the spot also.
Served with a garden salad on the side.

Turkey sandwich for dinner here.
Ground venison thawing for a late supper of taco ,maybe.
Cook is away!
Kippers for last nights supper. Yummy..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back