Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY GUYS AND GALS

Been a few days since posting......took a few days off and tried a couple spots that produced the big "0". Last years spots ...thought maybe the frost might have moved stuff around and the tall grass is laying flat...no dice.

But got back on the trail again with these finds...nothing special but indicators that am still in the correct location to find something special. The bomb fragments are a good sign of a battle. Was a pile of rocks close to them half way to low water...these rocks are not the typical shore rocks...they have been quarried at some point. Not rounded edges....they would fit closely together perhaps for ballast in the old ships.

The pewter button is the first one I have found that is hollow....anyone have any info on it ??

2014-04-06 17.51.43.jpg2014-04-06 17.52.54.jpg2014-04-06 17.53.14.jpg2014-04-06 17.53.25.jpg2014-04-08 10.00.22.jpg2014-04-08 10.00.39.jpg

Upvote 6
Yep...I've got three chunks from the same ball and all together they weigh about 80 pounds...and they make up maybe a third of what the total ball would have been...

A decade + ago a guy in MA dug a 400 pounder. They brought in the equipment to haul it home and posted pics of the ordeal. I have to think what he found is the same sort of thing those frags are from.

Those frags are nice but heavy to carry back to the car...when does your fishing season start?

Gonna start getting traps ready next week...set them around 5th of May when the full tides drop back...--fish til July 31st..haul traps every other day...so still lotsa time for detecting.

Holy cow...those are some big frags...the big one must be 40 pounds I'd bet!

That picture is very deceiving.....

They look much bigger than they are...OPTICAL ILLLUSION. My feet look small in the pic compared to the frags....weird.

They are thinner than the ones you have....found them 1/2 mile north from where you found yours.

A decade + ago a guy in MA dug a 400 pounder. They brought in the equipment to haul it home and posted pics of the ordeal. I have to think what he found is the same sort of thing those frags are from.

400LBS ???? Thats crazy big.

WOW..how much powder would it take to make that fly any distance ?????????????

400LBS ???? Thats crazy big. WOW..how much powder would it take to make that fly any distance ?????????????
Talk about an overload signal. :-)

400LBS ???? Thats crazy big.

WOW..how much powder would it take to make that fly any distance ?????????????

That's what I recall the post saying, and they had to bring in some small type of hoist to get it home.

That's what I recall the post saying, and they had to bring in some small type of hoist to get it home.

What a great lawn ornament that would make----too cool !!!!

Definitely not an average Tnet post. Very interesting AQ. WTG, Q.

ty VOL

Would love to find one fully intact..be too cool...but would almost be afraid to disturb it.

When are you getting your a** back to work? I don't like having to know you're out there hunting every day when I'm working bro :-) but I'm off today and out I shall go. It's out there for both of us . Just gotta find it. Good luck today

That's a ton of lead, and I like the button too!

I find those blow hole buttons on French and Indian War and Rev War sites. They were commonly used on uniforms during this period although they also were used on civilian clothes. Usually they are brass like the others said, but on one particular French and Indian War site, I have found them in pewter.

Attachments

• Blow Hole buttons.jpg
    Blow Hole buttons.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Blow Hole Backs Pewter.jpg
    Blow Hole Backs Pewter.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 51
I find those blow hole buttons on French and Indian War and Rev War sites. They were commonly used on uniforms during this period although they also were used on civilian clothes. Usually they are brass like the others said, but on one particular French and Indian War site, I have found them in pewter.

Cool...ty Steve

Great piece of info right there. That would add up for this area...French / Indians...

Ty for the pictures also !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back