A quick go on the AlgoForce with my new coil.

Chilli

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Ok. Finally got out with it after ditching the first coil and relic hunting till now waiting for my back to come good. The first coil a flat wind was a bad option. So was my heavy power bank.
Nice little 5000mah, crazy light. You could carry a spare in your pocket and its lighter than a typical mobile phone.
So I ran it for 1 hr 50 minutes in typical ground that had me re ground balance say every 4 to 5 minutes. At the end of the session I had 70% power left.
I got here Id say 10 seriously good sounding hot rocks, but overall it went very well.
This was the type but sorry about the photo. Ironstone bands in it.
IMG_20240706_152313512_HDR~2.jpg

So here is my lightweight power bank. I'm going to take the rear strap off and replace it with a thinner one. It held rock solid though as was. I'll only replace it for visual reasons. Under it I could read the screen no probs. You can see the power button for easy access.
IMG_20240706_154918587~2.jpg

So I got just two tiny bits but was happy with the performance in the short time and the signals I got.
IMG_20240706_154257972~2.jpg

Im still finding sensitivity levels above 21 on this not useable! 20 is very stable with just the very odd false that does not repeat backing up over the first signal. Repeats read nothing, checking shows no results after scraping and shallow excavating. So on flat winds above 21 is useless noisy and almost the same with bundle wound coils. Its like a car that can do 300kph but is not drivable above 200kph unless you want to crash, but can reach 300!? Huh!? I don't get it.
Anywho. Im liking it now and where I was I got those two tiny's as well as several shot pellets up to a few inches deep. The better little bit was 2 inches. I scraped bit by bit lightly to see as I wanted to see how deep I really was getting. I know a couple to few inches isn't DEEP, but size wise it did very well. You gold hunters will know what I mean. I had hammered this place in the past with a 5000 and flat wind 12.
All up I got those two tiny's and several previously undetected shot pellets. The ground was typically mineralised here. On our hot scale id say 6 to 7.
Area was very small and the run only 150 feet long and skinny, shallow. Hard to see and easy to miss.
IMG_20240706_154408239~2.jpg
IMG_20240706_154354062_HDR~2.jpg

Upvote 6
Many thanks, Chilli. Ya done good!
Jim

Ok. The ground bal button on mine had an issue. Mine has got confused several times and made odd noises and even shut down once, froze once. Iv been thinking because of it am I pressing it right, should I put more or less pressure one part or the other. I was having to do so, push a little to the right on it to see it go into GB mode and because of that thought that was how it worked. Nope, just an issue. Iv touched it and held and seen it go to menu instead of balance.
Got advice, press it firmly a couple of dozen times in a row fast, machine off. A bit firmer than usual but not rough. Everything disconnected. Plug everything back in, do a reset.
Its ok now. What that did I dont know but the guy said he's heard of some press buttons like this come good after it.
Anyone else ever come across anything like this? A new machine with, in my words, a sticky button that just needed a free up massage!? Prior I was having to push a little on one side more than the other, thinking its how it worked, :icon_thumleft: now its easy centre.
Anyway, glad it worked whatever way, I was dreading sending it back interstate.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back