Confederate Button, Silver, and a Gold Nugget!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Catching up with a video of the last digs of 2020 and compiling the year-end post. Pandemic left us with more digging time than usual due to being stir crazy during the shut down...so we broke several of our records :)

Got some goodies already from 2021, had a good buddy come visit to dig and more, so I’m looking forward to this new year. Enjoy the video,

Buck

Upvote 20
Looks like some nice finds Buckle. Always enjoy your posts, (and videos - You tube or not).

It was a great video of finds. Congratulations on the successful hunts. Glad to see your post. So you think the gold was out of a pouch and used as payment? That would be a first for me it being trade gold.

HH

yes I believe it was. Not much other reason it’d be there aside from coming out of a “poke.”

Best Wishes,

Buck

Congrats on the finds. The button, the coins, the relics and finding gold! That's awesome. Please share with me about the ring stamped "coin." What's the deal with that?

It’s made out of “coin silver,” which means it’s 90% silver as opposed to sterling. Was a common marking back in the mid 1800s

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back