colonial gold. finally ( Warning Member may have Lied)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klclark3

Banned
Apr 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300, AT GOLD, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140313_191859.png
    ForumRunner_20140313_191859.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,543
  • ForumRunner_20140313_191908.png
    ForumRunner_20140313_191908.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,424
Upvote 67
Too excited to think of a title for the thread, but about a 9hr+ hunt at the very back of my colonial site, there was a spot closer to where I thought the home area ended (stoped hitting stone like tiles) I knew I scanned this area before but nothing, but it's clear now since the dreaded poison ivy was leafless due to winter. So I tried the spot again nothing, so started to scan more wide and got to the base of the tree and got a good hit. It was bouncing around on my ace 250 from silver to bronze and gold, so figuring it was junk or a broken pewter spoon, I got out the discovery 3300 to check the area and it came up mid 60's. Started digging phone battery dead so I couldn't take a picture of the coin in the dirt clod. Over turned it and there it was.

Wow, that's amazing, I vote banner

Wowser, what a fantastic coin. Congratulations.

Congrats on that beautifull gold coin, wow. I vote banner.

You must have freaked out when u dug it! Wow man, amazing find!

Awesome Find!!! Man I'd dig every target at that location!!!

Holeeee CRAP!! :notworthy::occasion14::hello2:

Yes in ky and thank you guys really something when your holding on in your hand.

that's what crossed my mind ,one item found and it's a flawless gold coin :occasion14: I'll wait for the story of how it got to this point ,

great find
!

Fantastic Find, not a very easy one to get here, never mind over there :notworthy: I have posted the current Spinks book value for the coin, I would say judging by the condition of yours, it was lost not a long time after it was minted, if it had been found here I would grade it very high, between VF and EF, I know the grading is different over there but it's in great condition for a dug coin :thumbsup:

SS

Attachments

• P1000835.JPG
    P1000835.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
I can say nothing more about your wonderful find than so many others have but I just had to add to the growing list of folks that are so amazed by your beautiful coin. Congratulations and what do you think you can find to top this one! Thank you for sharing..................63bkpkr

Wow. Now that's a find! Congrats on the banner and on one of the nicest gold coins I've seen posted!

What part of KY are you in? I live in Louisville, KY and have never seen anything like that come out of the ground. Nice work!

Gave me Goosebumps looking at it - quite simply fantastic!!

well done on the Banner!!!

I don't even have a word to describe how awesome your find is. I would go right back where it was and make sure there wasn't more. thanks for showing it and good luck

Too excited to think of a title for the thread, but about a 9hr+ hunt at the very back of my colonial site, there was a spot closer to where I thought the home area ended (stoped hitting stone like tiles) I knew I scanned this area before but nothing, but it's clear now since the dreaded poison ivy was leafless due to winter. So I tried the spot again nothing, so started to scan more wide and got to the base of the tree and got a good hit. It was bouncing around on my ace 250 from silver to bronze and gold, so figuring it was junk or a broken pewter spoon, I got out the discovery 3300 to check the area and it came up mid 60's. Started digging phone battery dead so I couldn't take a picture of the coin in the dirt clod. Over turned it and there it was.
Awesome coin. Glad you said what the detectors were reading out. You can find stuff on regular gold readings a lot but I find it hard to find much info on gold coins tones/vdi/etc.

Congrats on the BANNER...!!!

That is one awesome coin ........now I know what I,m looking for ..hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back