COINS.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
got up early today and went back to the spot i found the 2 reale and right of the bat i got a penny signal and i dug about 5 inches and out came a 1885 indian that got the blood flowing .and i rescanned the hole and still had a signal saying dime my mind was saying possible barber and to my surprise out came a seated dime at another 3 inches. wow what a rush. 1848. next signal was calling for a penny and about 5 inches down out came a 1909 first year wheat pretty cool. started pouring rain so i had to call it a day. what a day it was. willy.

Attachments

• scan0041.jpg
    scan0041.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 754
  • scan0042.jpg
    scan0042.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 752
  • scan0043.jpg
    scan0043.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 751
Upvote 0
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
wtg......willy? How bout a story on your 3 1853 coins in your first post. You disappeared for a long time after that post and I never saw the story to it, did you make a reply that I didn't see?.........NGE (T)

Nice.

I'd like to hear the story as well. Might be too busy on "the other site" to answer any questions and such... :tard: :icon_scratch:

FYI, the dime you found was minted after 1859, as the legend "United States of America" was placed on the obverse beginning in 1860. The legend replaced the stars on the front of the coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back