CO Treasurenetrs 1st Gold

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
CO Treasurenet'rs 1st Gold

Hi all. Had the distinct pleasure of getting together with 3 other members from this site today for an MD waving session. Had a blast and learned alot. Also scored my first gold, a small ring. Later in the day came up with another ring but it looks like costume jewelry. At least I was actually digging for this one! Oh ya, 77 cents in clad too! So thanks to Onionhead, jwfmbf and Carl of CO for making the trip up here to work this park over, and a special thanks to jwfmbf for the lesson in VDI. It made the last part of my day much more productive!~CO2

Attachments

• Dcp02660.jpg
    Dcp02660.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 483
Upvote 0
Re: CO Treasurenet'rs 1st Gold

same here Congrats on the Ring(S) . What ? only 1 Nickle ? :lol

No kidding SwingingmyXLT. I've never seen anyone move as fast as Onion without wheels under them. He's got quite a system and it stems from a really interesting philosophy. His results speak for themselves and show what thinking out of the box can do!

Hey Guys...just got done with the honey-do list that was created while I was up in Loveland today!

I had a good time detecting with the bunch!! CO2 got the gold today! I'm happy that I was there to witness his first GOLD ring!!!! I think as soon as he found it his mission was to find us and I knew before he opened his mouth he hit it big by the BIG smile on his face!!!!!!!? :)

Next get together will be in my neck of the woods!! Let me know what works for you guys!

Onion

Congrats on your gold CO2!

Now if I can just find me some. Seems like silver is all Im able to find.

Great goin' CO2, aint it nice to find the gold!? Also not bad on the clads-when you come close to finding the same # of clads as mems your having a good day. Now give Onion back his batteries. ;D ;)

;D Great Find!!!!!!! Be interested in knowing onions way of searching areas?? How bout all those doubters now!!!!

First thing I heard Co2 say today was that he wished he could find a ring. Now wish for me to find me one, Co2. :) It was a good experience getting together with other md'ers today. Onion carrys a BH, as well and showed me a different setting on mine that cut down on all the chatter I was having. And in case any of you are wondering about his technique, he goes like hell.

Carl, looking forward to seeing your finds especially rings now that your follwing Onion's tips. Just don't get a speeding ticket trying to beat him to the parks ;D HH

Way cool ring find. I am still hunting for the elusive first gold ring. I know its out there, just wish I had more time to hunt for it. When I do find it you all will be the first to know about it. HH. And oh yeah I would also like to know the Onionhead secret tips.

Nice finds CO2, I see one day out with onion and you're finding gold. Looks like I'm gonna have to come out west for a session with onion to find my fisrt ring LOL!!, congrats, it's good to see members of the forum getting together out in the field

CO2 found that ring without my help I just happened to be there.

CO2 has only had his detector for a couple of weeks and found his first gold ring. I didn't find one for months after I got my detector. He's doing great and I have a feeling he will be posting a lot more rings in the future.

HH,
Onion

Co2, it was a pleasure. ?For not wanting to bear the weight of the (not so) coveted "organizer" jacket, you did a mighty fine job. ?The doughtnuts were appreciated and very unexpected. ?(Are you sure you wish to pass that jacket on?)

Oh wait... ?Onionhead said "Next get together will be in my neck of the woods!! Let me know what works for you guys!"

Sounds like a volunteer! ? ;)

Flash. ?That would be the name of the comic book character that I would use to best describe Onionhead.

If the wheather holds how dose next weekend sound P/M? me and I will set it up! I will take you guys to the park where I buried the cache 8)

jwfmbf said:
Co2, it was a pleasure. ?For not wanting to bear the weight of the (not so) coveted "organizer" jacket, you did a mighty fine job. ?The doughtnuts were appreciated and very unexpected. ?(Are you sure you wish to pass that jacket on?)

Oh wait... ?Onionhead said "Next get together will be in my neck of the woods!! Let me know what works for you guys!"

Sounds like a volunteer! ? ;)

Flash. ?That would be the name of the comic book character that I would use to best describe Onionhead.

Ya jwfmbf, I'm ready to pass the jacket along.? Would have done that much sooner had it not been for your speech about it being a "symbol of honor"!? I like your new nickname for Onionhead too.? Maybe instead of Colorado Treasurenetters, we should call the group "The Justice League".? Only question is, who gets to be Superman?? (He dates Wonderwoman you know)? Oh that's right, I'm the only single guy? ;D? ~CO2

You can't have a Justice League without the Wonder Twins. My twin brother and I are both Denver suburbanites, MD newbies(both received our detectors for Christmas), and would love to join the "Justice League", if it isn't already full. Might have to make my brother wear a skirt to make the Wonder Twins official :) but anything to meet and hunt with the renowned OnionHead.

Ronnie

PS - We are also cousins of jwfmbf but please don't hold that against us in making the decision. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back