CLUES TO THE LOST DUTCMAN MINE

High Plains Prospector

Thank you for the information, it is appreciated. To be honest, with all that's been thrown-in on the Story of the Dutchman; you could get lost in the "murky waters" opinions, hearsay and speculation. I believe the ONLY way to keep things straight with regards to Jacob; is the fact, that you must follow the original clues that Mr. Waltz gave out just before his passing. Those clues are straight and simple - though they are lacking details, which I feel has assisted in eluding so many.

If we all keep throwing out, this book and that book, the story gets more and more complicated - sending one further from the original view of things. I know everyone has an opinion and sometimes that does come in as an assist - to what some feel is needed, but it can also confuse the one searching for a 'clear' answer.

I'm NOT discounting Estee's book or the info that it holds - I'm just saying, keeping things simple has its benefits. That all being said; to have a better understanding of all that's transpired in the last 140+ years - its good to read up on ANYTHING that's been laid out in print - all the way down, to the simple newspaper articles. You'd be surprised as to how much you can derive from some of those articles.

If I might ask, have you been out there - searching? Did you gain any specific insight from said book?

-SpartanOC

High Plains Prospector

Thank you for the information, it is appreciated. To be honest, with all that's been thrown-in on the Story of the Dutchman; you could get lost in the "murky waters" opinions, hearsay and speculation. I believe the ONLY way to keep things straight with regards to Jacob; is the fact, that you must follow the original clues that Mr. Waltz gave out just before his passing. Those clues are straight and simple - though they are lacking details, which I feel has assisted in eluding so many.

If we all keep throwing out, this book and that book, the story gets more and more complicated - sending one further from the original view of things. I know everyone has an opinion and sometimes that does come in as an assist - to what some feel is needed, but it can also confuse the one searching for a 'clear' answer.

I'm NOT discounting Estee's book or the info that it holds - I'm just saying, keeping things simple has its benefits. That all being said; to have a better understanding of all that's transpired in the last 140+ years - its good to read up on ANYTHING that's been laid out in print - all the way down, to the simple newspaper articles. You'd be surprised as to how much you can derive from some of those articles.

If I might ask, have you been out there - searching? Did you gain any specific insight from said book?

-SpartanOC
No I haven't. The closest I have been is prospecting out near Congress, AZ had a little luck but certainly didn't get rich doing it. It was definitely worth the trip though. With regards to the book it was interesting to skim through although I haven't read the whole thing. We have just had them for sale for years...it is neat that they have some of the trail markings sketched and some maps as well. I just figured it might be worth a read for someone who was seriously considering trying to locate the site or is just intrigued by the story.

Thank you for this information, makes me want to go out treasure hunting more! From all of this information that I have just read, this treasure may be found by someone NOT looking for it. It will be more of an accidental find than anything else.
I’m glad you found it useful. I wish you luck in finding the Lost Dutchman mine . It is perhaps the most “found “ lost mine ever. It has been reported found since the beginning and for a while it was found about every two weeks. As far as I know only one person has ever found a piece of ore that appeared to be a perfect match to Waltz’s ore, Walt Gassler. Unfortunately it was found in his backpack after his death in the Superstition Mountains so we don’t know what his story was about the ore. He wrote an unpublished manuscript that I believe is available as a photocopy from the Superstition Museum but would have to check to be sure.

And if you go searching for it, you might find something great that is not the Lost Dutchman mine or the one remaining stash of gold ore that was already mined and hidden. Keep your eyes open and keep an open mind, people have found some great stuff there. Perhaps the best thing is the experience itself.

Good luck and good hunting, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. Apologies for interruption here please do continue amigos

That would
I’m glad you found it useful. I wish you luck in finding the Lost Dutchman mine . It is perhaps the most “found “ lost mine ever. It has been reported found since the beginning and for a while it was found about every two weeks. As far as I know only one person has ever found a piece of ore that appeared to be a perfect match to Waltz’s ore, Walt Gassler. Unfortunately it was found in his backpack after his death in the Superstition Mountains so we don’t know what his story was about the ore. He wrote an unpublished manuscript that I believe is available as a photocopy from the Superstition Museum but would have to check to be sure.

And if you go searching for it, you might find something great that is not the Lost Dutchman mine or the one remaining stash of gold ore that was already mined and hidden. Keep your eyes open and keep an open mind, people have found some great stuff there. Perhaps the best thing is the experience itself.

Good luck and good hunting, I hope you find the treasures that you

Good luck and good hunting, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. Apologies for interruption here please do continue amigos
That would be a dream come true to even be near the Superstition Mountains. I have heard of UFO activity occurring there as well. High above near the peaks. I would just love to go with an open mind as you have said. I would take my metal detector and I would also love to take videos of the Mountains with my phone. I wish you good luck as well. Do you need a permit or anything just to go visit there? I will have to do my own research and check out the museum.

That would

That would be a dream come true to even be near the Superstition Mountains. I have heard of UFO activity occurring there as well. High above near the peaks. I would just love to go with an open mind as you have said. I would take my metal detector and I would also love to take videos of the Mountains with my phone. I wish you good luck as well. Do you need a permit or anything just to go visit there? I will have to do my own research and check out the museum.
So, WELCOME to TNET!

Here'ya go:

Mike

The Passes can be a little tricky as not all of the area around the Superstition Wilderness falls under the Tonto National Forest and are Federal. I don't remember if one can be used for anything else, but just go to any grocery store or Bait-and-Tackle Shop, tell them what you want to do, and they'll tell you just what you need.

Also can't say for 100%, but as long as you stay away from the Big Recreation Areas (Canyon Lake, Apache Lake, Salt River), I've never had a Pass and never been asked for one (Peralta Trailhead, First Water, Tortilla Ranch Trailhead).

Mike

The Passes can be a little tricky as not all of the area around the Superstition Wilderness falls under the Tonto National Forest and are Federal. I don't remember if one can be used for anything else, but just go to any grocery store or Bait-and-Tackle Shop, tell them what you want to do, and they'll tell you just what you need.

Also can't say for 100%, but as long as you stay away from the Big Recreation Areas (Canyon Lake, Apache Lake, Salt River), I've never had a Pass and never been asked for one (Peralta Trailhead, First Water, Tortilla Ranch Trailhead).

Mike
Thank you for this, I will keep this in mind if I ever do venture out there. Just have to convince the wife ;)

Hey Roy, good to see you posting again. How are you and Beth doing?

Likewise with Deducer, it's good to see your post. It's been at least a couple years now - the Rendezvous don't have the same feel to it, but I hope you are both doing well and enjoying life to it's fullest

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back