Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this item today. I'm assuming it is a razor blade dispenser?
The various engravings are:
"Schick Injec....." (Looks like old text on the word "Injec...")
"20 Blades"
"Insert at side of razor"
"1969945"
When I look this # up on the US patent site, it only shows a date of Aug. 14,1934.
No description, schematic, etc.
Am I not using that site correctly?
Anyways, any help or info on this neat little item would be appreciated.
I'm trying to get organized and start labeling & dating my finds now, which is tough when I'm either out looking or bugging you nice folks on this site. ;D
Thanks and HH,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 398
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 386
  • MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 396
  • MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 388
  • MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 385
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 401
mercenary said:
Yes, it's a razor blade dispenser.
Here's a similar one...
121-4.jpg

I guess Schick has been making these since 1934 then.
-MM-

Upvote 0
Hi Modern Miner! My Grandfather used those blades for as long as I can remember. The 'old school' razors were brutal compared to the latest. This is actually my first comment/reply. I have been checking this site out for the last month and I am completely hooked. I just ordered my md two days ago and cannot wait to get hunting. I've been an avid relic/bottle/anything old hunter for the last fifteen years and decided it's finally time to take the next step. I too live in NC and have already been granted permission to hunt some extremely old homesites and fields. Reading these forums every night has got me so crazy to get out there. Look forward to sharing my finds with all here and will soon post some of my more interesting relics.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
MM... I'm posting these one at a time, sorry they are so big but you loose some detail otherwise.

You already know what it is... but this is still interesting!

All my best. Jim

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 338
Upvote 0
I know I'm getting old because people are digging up stuff that they can't identify, but stuff that I still use. YIKES!

Upvote 0
DD-777 said:
Hi Modern Miner! My Grandfather used those blades for as long as I can remember. The 'old school' razors were brutal compared to the latest. This is actually my first comment/reply. I have been checking this site out for the last month and I am completely hooked. I just ordered my md two days ago and cannot wait to get hunting. I've been an avid relic/bottle/anything old hunter for the last fifteen years and decided it's finally time to take the next step. I too live in NC and have already been granted permission to hunt some extremely old homesites and fields. Reading these forums every night has got me so crazy to get out there. Look forward to sharing my finds with all here and will soon post some of my more interesting relics.

DD-777,
Welcome to the site and your 1st reply. I feel honored. You will love it here. GREAT group of folks. It sounds like you will have some great posts in the future. What area of NC are you in?
-MM-

Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
MM... I'm posting these one at a time, sorry they are so big but you loose some detail otherwise.

All my best. Jim

Jim,
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I still don't know how you get all that info off that patent site? All I ever see is the date the patent was applied for. I'll PM you to see what I am doing wrong. I've been printing the pages (schematics, description, etc.) you've posted for me, and have been placing them with my finds. A great help. Did I say "thank you"? ;D
-MM-

Upvote 0
Nice going, Montana Jim!

ModernMiner, after you enter the patent number in the Patent Office search page, you should get a page that looks something like this:

P-1.jpg

Click on "Images" and you'll see the patent application drawings (or the first page of them if there are multiple pages).

To read the patent text, click on the "Specifications" and "Claims" links, on the left side of the page:

P-2.jpg

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Neat find, WTG!!!
I love it when you can ID something and find some good information on it...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Upvote 0
ModernMiner said:
Montana Jim said:

All my best. Jim

Jim,
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I still don't know how you get all that info off that patent site? All I ever see is the date the patent was applied for. I'll PM you to see what I am doing wrong. I've been printing the pages (schematics, description, etc.) you've posted for me, and have been placing them with my finds. A great help. Did I say "thank you"? ;D
-MM-

No Problem... I replied to your PM... good luck!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back