Arrowhead hunting

Wesnash

Oct 12, 2024
Can anyone help me out with a place to go Arrowhead hunting around the fulton Mo area?...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from GENERAL DISCUSSION over to FORUM: MISSOURI for more exposure.

Can anyone help me out with a place to go Arrowhead hunting around the fulton Mo area? I'm kinda new to the area. I lived in the area when I was really young. I just moved back to the area after being away for over 35 or 40 years. So any help would really be greatly appreciated 🙏
I use to live in Missouri, in Columbia. Look at a map, look for creeks, streams and rivers, any water that can be navigated by canoe, you can legally walk as long as you don't trespass over private property. Under Missouri law if body of water is navigatable it is public owned.

I found far more unbroken artifacts in water than I ever found hunting fields. Look behind anything that can blook the current or flow of water.

Indians had to have fresh water so they campedl close to the banks, as banks erode from heavy rains artifacts fall in the water, and heavy rains cause them to be pushed downstream and fall behind obstructions that block the current, rocks, fallen limbs, trees, high brush etc.

Look for creeks and streams that are stone bottom, not mud. You can hunt the rivers if you have a small boat, hunt the sand bars.

Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back