Claudine Fulton Ellis

I have, but you always want to disagree.

Post it again it must have been so little I missed it completely.

I thought I was right again.

Will someone please explain how Claudine Fulton Ellis could have seen the portrait of someone who was not the proprietor of the hotel during the Beale time period in the lobby of a building that hadn't been a hotel since 1922.
Then explain how this non proprietor received a letter from Thomas Jefferson Beall to deliver to Robert Morriss but was murdered by Ebenezer Nelms at the Blackhorse Tavern, and hiding the letter in a family Bible, which remained hidden in a dusty attic until discovered by Ellis, which eventually had her to travel to St Louis and see this portrait of a non proprietor of a hotel that hadn't existed as a hotel since 1922.
No one has yet to address the above question concerning this claim of Claudine Fulton Ellis.
It is obvious that she could not have seen a portrait hanging in the lobby of a hotel that no longer existed as a hotel.

I believe the last ten times you asked that question. I told you to ask Claudine Fulton Ellis. She is still living. Call her, write her and if not a "tight wad" go and talk to her.

I believe the last ten times you asked that question. I told you to ask Claudine Fulton Ellis. She is still living. Call her, write her and if not a "tight wad" go and talk to her.
Since you were the one who introduced this tidbit to the discussion on these Beale threads and went to long lengths telling of your travel adventures with her on the Beale trail and adamantly stating that notarized statements are affidavits of proof of these claims, that you would expound on this.
Seems like you have your own doubts about this discrepancy on her claim.

I don't understand the significance of the "tight wad" remark- is that an insult?

Last edited:
Always answer a question with a question. Find your own way.

The last sentence was a question, the first two were statements.
...and as usual, instead of providing an answer, you always come through with the expected insult or two as avoidance of a reply and then proceed to change the subject matter.

If you are unwilling to discuss the information, some highly questionable, that you bring to the discussion, why bring it?

Last edited:
You are a walking question. Never no answers. Get lost. Talk to other posters. I have nothing to say to you.

Nobody saw said letter. Nobody saw said iron box. How do we know this? We know this because nobody saw them prior to the publication and they had 60 years to do so. It's only after the publication that folks started creating the suggestion of existing evidences....and even then they still couldn't produce that created evidence, not so much as an image, not even for their books on the subject. It's all promotional BS.....:thumbsup:
So it is time to put the Innis and Ellis non-provenance to rest for lack of the body of evidence that supports their claims. :icon_thumleft:

So it is time to put the Innis and Ellis non-provenance to rest for lack of the body of evidence that supports their claims. :icon_thumleft:

:coins:Rest in piece.:coins: I'll be along to get you a little later. Can't leave all that gold.

Is that a reference to that 60% 14K sand box cast bars that are not mentioned in the "authentic statements" of the Beale Papers?

Hell yell I will take that too.

Claudine Fulton Ellis claims to have found in an attic in 1944, an old Bible. In this Bible was a map, a letter signed by Thomas Jefferson Beall, and an envelope marked, "Not to be delivered until June, 1832" Claudine's sister witnessed seeing these things. The sister signed an affidavit, stating that she saw them. She (the sister) also said that Claudine kept them in the drawer of her (Claudine's) dresser for a short time before returning them to the attic.

Claudine said she made a copy of the letter that was in the Bible. She said she hid this copy behind a fireplace mantle, and when the family moved to another house, the copy was left behind, where she had hidden it. In 1993, a man signed an affidavit that in the 1960s, he and his mother found the copy behind a fireplace mantle. The man stated that he, his mother, and his brother all saw the copy of the letter. They had moved into the house where Claudine had lived.

Years later, Claudine went looking for the copy she had made. She found this family, and they told her about finding the letter behind the mantle, but had taken it to a college to see if someone there could make something of it. They were told the letter would be sent to a computer expert, but nothing else was heard of it, and the letter was never returned to them. This was all stated and signed in the affidavit. Later, Claudine discovered that the man with whom the letter was left had taken a job at another college, but later had been killed in an automobile accident. She spoke with the man's father, but could learn nothing on the whereabouts of the letter.

Also signing affidavits were a Roanoke man and his wife, who stated that the mother and the two sons (above) had discussed with them about finding the letter.
Many signed affidavits about Claudine's activities concerning her Beale (Beall) adventures are recorded in her book, "The Beale Treasure-The Key."

If Claudine had invented the "copy" of the Beale letter, then why would she go looking for it 15-20 years after losing it, and then another 30 or so years after that have the guy sign the affidavit? Her book was published in 2007. I really don't think she would have spent 60+ years planning and writing a work of fiction. I'm not saying I believe everything Claudine says in her book, and I'm not saying I don't. I will say, I believe the witnesses who signed affidavits.

Claudine Fulton Ellis has been categorized with the Hart brothers, but if you read her book you'll find that this is not a fair depiction. The Harts were involved in mesmerism, conjuring spirits. Claudine claimed that spirits communicated with her and led her to certain places, but she never claimed to conjure spirits, and she didn't claim psychic powers. Whether or not she was right about the spirits leading her, there's no reason to think she couldn't have found an old Bible in an attic.

Great Post, Old Silver. Thank you.

I myself have witnessed first hand some of things she has done. I sent her back to the mother's house in Roanoke, Va. to again ask about the Family Bible of Thomas Jefferson Beall. She said they still had the Family Bible but the letter was sent to Hollins College in Roanoke, Va. That is why I sent her back to the home. All though she never told me where the home was located. But, now about eight years ago the Family Bible to was passed on to someone else...

Claudine is good at what she does and I believe her book. She also remembered some of the people that were members of Beale's Associates.
I went several times into the mountains searching with her and she revealed where she believes the treasure to be located. It is in a bear cave on a rocky slope of the mountain, the top of the cave has fallen in blocking the entrance. On top of this small rocky cliff is a monument stone about five feet in height and about two feet by two feet.
It just stands up there whether natural or not I do not know. But you can see it all over that slope and ridge. If Claudine is right about the treasure being there it would be expensive to find out. Landowner's permission and the price of heavy equipment or cranes to open the entrance. And it is in a difficult area to work.
But anyway I enjoyed the hunt with Claudine.
Still, you never actually saw this Beale "key" letter, map, or list of Beale's associates.

Still, you never actually saw this Beale "key" letter, map, or list of Beale's associates.

I have a copy of the map.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back