JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Earlier this week I was digging some nice Civil War relics in a site mixed with modern trash. I got very excited when I popped out what I thought was a nice button....the shape and color was good but when I began cleaning off the front I saw a modern looking "E" staring back. I'm really not sure if its a button at all, but I'm sure someone here will know. Thanks, JB

Attachments

• IMG_5073.PNG
    IMG_5073.PNG
    457 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_5075.PNG
    IMG_5075.PNG
    500.6 KB · Views: 163
I may have an answer....

It was found within 30 ft. of a power pole....mixed in with 50 yr old house trash and Civil War items...

I just joined TNet because I came across someone posting about this mystery E on reddit some time back and it intrigued me. Recently, I saw an object which looks very much like this E, but unfortunately my request for further information was ignored.

Coming back and looking through this thread again, I find it interesting that there seems to be some supposition that it might be related to power poles, as that is exactly where this object can be found.

The object itself is called a fuse cutout and is basically a large fuse that segments portions of the electric grid. The specific instance of this object can be seen here:

https://imgur.com/a/nu3zx0L

Notice the E in the second picture. I think this is the un-pried version of your E. Unfortunately, I have had no luck tracking down a picture of the identical version of this cutout fuse online to identify what function that part serves and whether or not it might be pried out of the fuse for some reason.

Anyways, thought I'd post here in case anyone might be able to run it down further.

Upvote 0
I just joined TNet because I came across someone posting about this mystery E on reddit some time back and it intrigued me. Recently, I saw an object which looks very much like this E, but unfortunately my request for further information was ignored.

Coming back and looking through this thread again, I find it interesting that there seems to be some supposition that it might be related to power poles, as that is exactly where this object can be found.

The object itself is called a fuse cutout and is basically a large fuse that segments portions of the electric grid. The specific instance of this object can be seen here:

https://imgur.com/a/nu3zx0L

Notice the E in the second picture. I think this is the un-pried version of your E. Unfortunately, I have had no luck tracking down a picture of the identical version of this cutout fuse online to identify what function that part serves and whether or not it might be pried out of the fuse for some reason.

Anyways, thought I'd post here in case anyone might be able to run it down further.

Greetings .. Welcome! Thanks for posting this. I believe you have solved a great mystery for us!

Upvote 0
Very nice, jackrats! Another long-standing T-Net mystery solved.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back