32 KB · Views: 1,008
  • P1000388.JPG
    P1000388.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,007
Upvote 0
killer finds :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Iron Patch said:
:headbang:

George III - In 1801, when George III renounced his title as King of France under the Treaty of Paris, the French quartering was removed. The arms of England then occupied the first and fourth quarters, the arms of Scotland the second, and the arms of Ireland the third. For Hanover, there was an escutcheon overall surmounted by the electoral bonnet, which was replaced in 1816 by a Royal Crown (when Hanover became a Kingdom).

http://www.fleurdelis.com/royal.htm

bit confused, there is a different crown type over the centre shield, & no crown in the centre of Shaun's :dontknow:

CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:

George III - In 1801, when George III renounced his title as King of France under the Treaty of Paris, the French quartering was removed. The arms of England then occupied the first and fourth quarters, the arms of Scotland the second, and the arms of Ireland the third. For Hanover, there was an escutcheon overall surmounted by the electoral bonnet, which was replaced in 1816 by a Royal Crown (when Hanover became a Kingdom).

bit confused, there is a different crown type over the centre shield, & no crown in the centre of Shaun's :dontknow:

Well spotted Cru :icon_scratch:

CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:

The guy I just heard back from says it could date a little later than 1816, but is pre 1837, so that could account for the slight difference. He's an expert from the UK.

Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:

The guy I just heard back from says it would date a little later than 1816, but is pre 1837, so that could account for the slight difference. He's an expert from the UK.

If that's the timeframe I would be doing cartwheels if I were Shaun7 :o

CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:

The guy I just heard back from says it would date a little later than 1816, but is pre 1837, so that could account for the slight difference. He's an expert from the UK.

My head hurts :-\

CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:

I meant to type "COULD" date later than 1816.

Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:

I meant to type "COULD" date later than 1816.
starting to sound even better :D

I've just thrown it out the window anyway!

IP, you've seen the view from my window :laughing9:

shaun7 said:

did it land in dog-doo

CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

did it land in dog-doo

No, he does that inside >:(

shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

did it land in dog-doo

No, he does that inside >:(

thats ok then, don't want to ruin the nice looking grass.

shaun7 said:

You will need a 2-box and a step ladder to find it now! :laughing7:

Great Finds Man! I thought that "plate" looked too light weight to be a Cartridge Box plate and was thinking a Boss bit myself... The reason being, myself and an old hunting partner found a British War of 1812 Cartridge Box Plate here in Virginia about 3 years ago that had the Lion of England surmounted by the Crown and it was MUCH heavier than that Boss and had heavy attachments on the back. It ended up being a scarce variety and fetching us a pretty penny; near $10,000 dollars. Here's some photos of it below:

Attachments

• British Plate.jpg
    British Plate.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 263
  • British Plate2.jpg
    British Plate2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 267
  • British Plate.jpg
    British Plate.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 262
  • British Plate2.jpg
    British Plate2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 263
{Sentinel} said:
Great Finds Man! I thought that "plate" looked too light weight to be a Cartridge Box plate and was thinking a Boss bit myself... The reason being, myself and an old hunting partner found a British War of 1812 Cartridge Box Plate here in Virginia about 3 years ago that had the Lion of England surmounted by the Crown and it was MUCH heavier than that Boss and had heavy attachments on the back. It ended up being a scarce variety and fetching us a pretty penny; near $10,000 dollars. Here's some photos of it below:

$10,000 :o

That's crazy money :icon_thumleft:

shaun7 said:
{Sentinel} said:

$10,000 :o

That's crazy money :icon_thumleft:
Crazy people :wink::laughing9:

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back