Cans To Coins

I do the same thing, just there is no deposit price in FL, and you get usually around the current melt price. I have a large garbage bag of crushed cans in my garage that hopefully has the same fate as yours. 8-)
What are they paying for a pound of crushed aluminum cans? I recently read that it takes 20-24 aluminum cans to make a pound.

Great job on getting the silver..
Thanks again for sharing

Aluminum is currently $1.06 a pound, so 50 to 75 cents per pound is what you would get.
Thanks for the info. So, at that rate it would amount to somewhere around 2-3 cents per crushed can. I'd need a pile of them to make it worthwhile going to the metal buyer. I may as well start now.....😀

View attachment 2164128 I went to a coin show this past Sunday and bought these eight Barber Dimes with money I got from picking up soda and beer cans that people toss to the side of the road. I don't go out of my way but pick up whatever is on the roads I normally travel. The cans used to be worth only five cents and I didn't bother with them but since January the state of Conecticut has raised the deposit price to ten cents per can which adds up kind of fast. I had $29 from the cans I picked up and spent $28 of it on the Barber Dimes......$3.50 per coin. The next show is in November and I've already started saving more can finds.
Definitely a good and proactive way to help finance your hobby.

Nice posting and thank you for helping keep the state clean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back