Canadian silver

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
Upvote 27
Just feet from where I found my Chinese cash coins, I popped out an 1890 Queen Victoria dime�� I wish I was American , it would have been seated and I ain’t never got me no seated dimes befer ��
I checked for the “H” mint mark, no dice�� still a $20 coin��
Correction, “ I wish IT was American, I already am.

Thats a cool find I find alot of Canadian coins here in Mi. Good job

I very rarely see Vicky silver pulled from US ground. I bet there are way more American diggers that have never found a Vicky dime than those that haven't found a seated one. Congratulations!

You will get your seated, but you won't get many more of those!

I thought they were all H that year. Your photo shows it has the H. What you want is the one minted the previous year!:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Nice find...….I've only dug one Victoria silver and it was a five cent coin sometimes called a "fishscale". Still lookin' for my first seated coin.

I thought they were all H that year. Your photo shows it has the H. What you want is the one minted the previous year!:icon_thumright:
It does????!!!!! I’ll need to put some glasses on or I’m looking in the wrong spot. Thanks Cuda!!

Huh, after further review it does have an “H” I was looking above the wreath, thanks again Cuda. I’ll go sit in the corner with the stupid helmet on.

I still couldn’t see it until I used a magnifying glass and a side light. What does the “H” stand for?? Halifax?

Last edited:
Still a nice find, congrats! :occasion14:

Huh, after further review it does have an “H” I was looking above the wreath, thanks again Cuda. I’ll go sit in the corner with the stupid helmet on.

I still couldn’t see it until I used a magnifying glass and a side light. What does the “H” stand for?? Halifax?

Heaton mint at Birmingham, U.K.

I very rarely see Vicky silver pulled from US ground. I bet there are way more American diggers that have never found a Vicky dime than those that haven't found a seated one. Congratulations!

My oldest coin I've dug is a Canadian - an 1852 Upper Canada 1 cent token dug in Michigan. My oldest US coin is an 1890 V nickel.

Very nice find.

Pete

I am one who has not found a Vicky dime in 17 years of detecting. I think it is a great find. Way to go. Keep swingin.

Canada 1890-H 10 cents , Fine= $22.50 , VF= $50. , in USD That's a nice coin Joe ! Still, I hope you do find your seated silver sometime soon !

Canada 1890-H 10 cents , Fine= $22.50 , VF= $50. , in USD That's a nice coin Joe ! Still, I hope you do find your seated silver sometime soon !
I was looking into these Vicky dimes, only 450,000 minted in Heaton in 1890, huh, it’s a sleeper (;

Last edited:
Joe like others have said you will find seated. That's a great coin! It took me two years to find seated and then I found a second a month later. Being a Canadian found in Mass makes it a rarity of sorts. I have not found a Canadian silver yet. Nor a Canadian large cent... I basically want it all. HAHA! Congrats though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back