Canadian silver

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
Upvote 27
Very nice coin Joe. I'd take that one any day. Your Seated coin will show up when you least expect it.

That is awesome! You’ll get your Seated in due time. How many people can say they found a Victorian silver dime? Nice find!!

Joe like others have said you will find seated. That's a great coin! It took me two years to find seated and then I found a second a month later. Being a Canadian found in Mass makes it a rarity of sorts. I have not found a Canadian silver yet. Nor a Canadian large cent... I basically want it all. HAHA! Congrats though!
This morning I found my second Connecticut copper in fill dirt with a 1889 IHP so I guess my seated will show up soon enough

IHP and my second (smoked) Connecticut copper, my seated is coming, I can smell it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
"Semper Paratus" my brother! Seek and you shall find!

An 1890 Canada 10 piece is much scarcer than an 1890 US Seated Dime (we never made dimes in Canada, just 10 cent coins).

Canadian mintage in 1890 was 450,000, in a VF-20 which that coin is, it has a currently trending book value of $150.00 Canadian ($115.00 USD) An 1890 Seated liberty from Philadelphia has a mintage of 9,911,541 and in a VF-20 has a value of $26 USD. So you did well there.

By the way, you missed it by 1 year, if that had been an 1889 instead of an 1890 in a VF-20 you would be looking at about $3500.00

The H is on the reverse, below the wreath (The Monarch is always on the front.) The H stands for the Heaton Mint in England. We didn't produce coins here in Canada until 1908. If there was no H they were produced in London.

That is a nicer Victorian 10 cent than any that I have found.

Last edited:
An 1890 Canada 10 piece is much scarcer than an 1890 US Seated Dime (we never made dimes in Canada, just 10 cent coins).

Canadian mintage in 1890 was 450,000, in a VF-20 which that coin is, it has a currently trending book value of $150.00 Canadian ($115.00 USD) An 1890 Seated liberty from Philadelphia has a mintage of 9,911,541 and in a VF-20 has a value of $26 USD. So you did well there.

By the way, you missed it by 1 year, if that had been an 1889 instead of an 1890 in a VF-20 you would be looking at about $3500.00

The H is on the reverse, below the wreath (The Monarch is always on the front.) The H stands for the Heaton Mint in England. We didn't produce coins here in Canada until 1908. If there was no H they were produced in London.

That is a nicer Victorian 10 cent than any that I have found.

Thanks Doug!! I think I’m going to have a new fetish for Canadian silver. I didn’t really realize what I had until I posted it here. If it wasn’t going to 150* with 200% humidity today, I might go back a see if there are any more.
Thanks again!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back