Can anyone tell me about this German Marking???

roblew2027

Nov 8, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody! This is my first post, so I hope I did it correctly. I recently purchased what I believe to be a ~1930's German travel cocktail set. I wanted to learn more about it, but I can't find the markings anywhere online. Please let me know if you have seen this mark, and if you know any history about it! :)

shaker bottom 2.JPGshaker bottom.JPG

Can you get the top mark as clear as your first pic showing "Germany?" Wouldn't mind seeing the actual object either. :icon_thumleft:

There's a company called WMF Cromargan that uses a triangle mark with WMF inside. That looks similar but not exact.

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately, I had the shaker shipped to my parents' house so I am at the mercy of my father's (lack of) picture taking skills. I've asked him to send a clearer shot of the triangle mark. I have seen some variations of the WMF, and it doesn't appear to be them...however a sharper picture will help. Adding a few pics of the travel set while I wait for mark pic. I'm also guessing that this may be an incomplete set (1 shaker, 1 juicer/strainer, 3 jiggers, and 1 container [possibly for garnish??])

Shaker 1.JPG Shaker 2.JPG

I own what i believe to be an identical set - mine is WMF

Thanks, randazzo! I'm hoping when I get a clearer image of the triangle shaped mark I can confirm if it is WMF, as I've been very curious since most I have seen are marked D.R.G.M. Until then, could you tell me if your set has the same "G erman Y" mark on it?

I also notice every other one says "made in Germany." The way they spelled Germany is more than likely manufacturer specific. I have looked at every known WMF mark (and there's many) on the internet and none have that spelling feature.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Thanks, diggummup, I agree about the strange (likely manufacturer specific) Germany mark. Upload a final photo with the triangle mark. Pretty positive not WMF now. Mark appears to be a triangle with a "M" and a dot centered above...the hunt continues! (apologies on the sideways pic)

Shaker 3.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back