Can anyone identify this silver artifact?

cryfreedom66

Mar 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, looking to identify the origin or function of these items. Any assistance would be much appreciated! The items are about the size of a cd give or take.

Thank you :icon_thumleft:

DSCN3474.JPG

What you have is absolutely fantastic... they ARE silver... the blacking shows this ... and they have been cleaned in the last 60 years to a point but not fully cleaned...
prolly late 1600's to mid 1700s... the engravings are indicative of this... I am researching with furver in my library... and am passing this on to my treasure friends in the keys....

truly killer !... mega score<!>

Upvote 0
one vote for upper armbands so far... do you have an exact weight... each?

Upvote 0
Well the debate continues... one vote for tapestry/curtain holds as already mentioned.
Definite Spanish origin

Upvote 0
Years later, I know, but I finally did find out what this is. I never did hear back from OP, but to anyone else that may stumble upon this and wonder, these are Tunisian Rigid Anklets. Here is a link https://anteeka.com/products/antique-matching-pair-of-silver-tunisian-rigid-anklets. It took me forever to find these as I never could quite find the design. Most bangles and anklets are either open with a gap or closed circlets, not closed with a box. But the unfinished sides all on the inside kept hinting that it would be worn. The etchings were similar to Laos and Oman, a bit of India, but it wasn't until I hit on a picture of a Tunisian anklet with 'rigid' as a descriptor that I hit the jackpot. Plugged that into the search and, yep, that's what these are. My parent's have had one for 50 years and never knew what it was, lol! Mystery solved.

Upvote 0
Aha! This Forum is THE best place for info...! Thanks everyone for comments, as is mystery solved...!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back