Attachments

• Calvert store dig 08.JPG
    Calvert store dig 08.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 1,484
  • 5 11 08.JPG
    5 11 08.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 1,476
Upvote 0
In the old days they dident use toung and groove boards (probaly wasent even invented yet), or AC, so there were gaps between the boards and vents low in the building walls so the air would come up through the floor in the summer., and out the high windows at the top. The vents are all covered up now but at one time were street level. when you get to there you can figure your close to original dirt level.
I put on some gloves, long sleeve shirt, head lamp, knee pads, and carried my detector (snipper coil) and hand digging tool, down with me, a few coins were 3-4 inches but most were just under the surface.
Some places were kinda tight but most had about 18"-24" crawl space. (I'm only 5'5"), if it had much less than that I didnet check it yet. I'll try to bring my camera next time.
There was alot of trash and broken glass so you need gloves to dig for sure. I found some old medicine,and wine bottles laying about , also a barrel tap. Left most those there for now.
I was only digging coin signals for now, nickle and silvers, If it dident have a nice smooth round sound I passed it by and will get it when I sift.

Thanks BB, I'm still trying to figure out the resizeing thing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back