Cache of the Day!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hi all. Finally had a break today and took the MD up to a local park/swimming creek in Boulder. Much to my dismay all the lawn areas were roped off for reseeding, so I ended up down by the creek checking what few sandy beaches the area offers. In one area downstream from the main park, I got about my 50th overload signal, (Boulder Creek is full of junk iron), but this one turned out to be what I thought was a tobacco tin. I couldn't believe it was intact as it was definitely buried below high water level. When I finally freed it from the roots etc., I could definitely hear a rattle inside. I decided to leave it closed until I got home and could get some pix of it. Seems to be a kids cache, but would like some input on trying to figure out how old it is. All three coins are dated 1949, and show wear. Does anyone recognize the tin? Is it from that era? Early 50's or so? Any opinions are appreciated. Happy hunting all~CO2 ;D

Attachments

• Dcp02824.jpg
    Dcp02824.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 805
  • Dcp02825.jpg
    Dcp02825.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 805
  • Dcp02827.jpg
    Dcp02827.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 782
Upvote 0
Great digs there!

HH
Keep us posted,

Lonewolfe

Neat find, what in the world are the dark green clumps?

I'd say Definately Crayons. it would fit into the Theme.

Awsome Tin, Great Cache

Congrats ! J E F F

Good Finds Co2. I used to live in Boulder so I have a good Idea where you got this at. Did you check the immediate area for any other stuff. All silver is a good day. The Hersheys Kisses label is great. I built a few homes up Boulder Canyon just about a half mile up. Cant remember the name of the Road but then Agan I made the Road. and cut about 6 switch backs up in there so we could get to the sites.
I rolled my JD 450 off the side one day and took 2 loaders to get it back up right didnt hurt a thing except bent my cage and my exhaust stack . That was Fun. LOL
HH

Thanks for the looks everyone.? I'd say the crayon guess is a good one Jeff but this used to be some kind of figurine.? The legs are intact and the whole center melted away.? It definitely has the crayon consistency though.? Had some kind of handwriting on the back but not enough to make out.? I'd venture to say that it was some kind of home made candle, you can see a wick sticking out of the right side of the fragment on the right of the third pic.? Floater, I did check around the area pretty thoroughly.? Toughest digging I've ever done.? River rock up to VW size, and all the way down to sand...Well, you get the picture.? I couldn't believe this was still in one piece.? Glad you got off your Cat before it rolled!? Them's some steep hills in there!!!? Rasrandy, That was a little plastic cake on a serving dish.? Cherries on top.? I'd say it was a little girl's cache.? HH~CO2

:) cool find someones treasure chest from when they were little, or a time capsule. I know we buried a few back in the early 60's, but they have since built houses over the area up in mass. again way to go

That looks eerily similar to how we laid our pet gerbil to rest when I was a kid, with lots of stuff that we thought he liked! There weren't any "remains" in there were there? Cool find! Was probably some kids treasure chest though! That is one unique find! HH omnicognic 8)

Some nice finds there CO. Can't believe what you might find in an old tin huh? Think I'll start hitting the Boulder parks after work.

:) Such a cool find CO2,I think you saw my tin find it had rocks in it,no coins.Takes you back dont it?HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back