IMG_2724.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 964
  • IMG_2725.jpg
    IMG_2725.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 936
kuger said:
Spooky said:
kuger said:
So........are you saying you agree with that rubbish??

I see that you are obviously a very angry person, and looking to argue.
Look it up.
My information comes from years of firearm and historical preservation perspective and first hand experience, not from the internet, TV and books.
Bait someone else, I ain't bitin'.
:icon_thumright:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expanding_bullet
No not angry,just happen to know what I am talking about.I am not like you in that I do know what I know from experience and find it laughable that you take a jab at me about reading my info off the net,yet paste a link for info!!!!

Bad day? :laughing7:

Upvote 0
Spooky said:
shaun7 said:
kuger said:
Spooky said:
kuger said:

Look it up.
My information comes from years of firearm and historical preservation perspective and first hand experience, not from the internet, TV and books.

No not angry,just happen to know what I am talking about.I am not like you in that I do know what I know from experience and find it laughable that you take a jab at me about reading my info off the net,yet paste a link for info!!!!

Bad day? :laughing7:

lol...
I guess.

Apparently I have made the mistake of presenting information and agreeing with someone.

We are all human and as such can have bad days :-\

I had one yesterday :(

Upvote 0
Has anyone here ever used a " Cut shell?" Any shotgun shell cut around the outside of the case near the shot cup, but not into the powder charge. ONLY FIRE ONE round at a time, in case the plastic does not come out the end of the barrel. If done right, the whole plastic comes out with BB's still intact enclosed in the shell and are released upon impact. It acts like small bore cannister shot, but only on impact. We only played with them on RR ties and heavy 1/8th. inch aluminum squares. A 12 gauge shell makes a 4 to 5 inch diameter hole in the aluminum at about 85 yards. paper shells work better. Legal, or illegal?.............NGE

Upvote 0
Spooky, have you ever shot a "cherry Bomb" firecracker into the air with your " Whammo Wrist Rocket " slingshot. one person puts the cherry into the pouch and draws back as far as he can, then the other person lights it, then ya let it fly..........! Just a word of caution, make sure that your friend has the pouch perfectly aligned in the center of the "Y" before he lets go, you don't want that puppy hitting one of the sides and falling in the near vicinity, makes for some fancy footwork while fingers are in ears :laughing7:.........NGE

Upvote 0
Oh, Btw. NEVER EVER use a Zippo lighter to light a pack of Black Cats on a breezy day. Flame has a tendency to be a bit sneaky.....NGE

Upvote 0
nowgittineverything said:
Has anyone here ever used a " Cut shell?" Any shotgun shell cut around the outside of the case near the shot cup, but not into the powder charge. ONLY FIRE ONE round at a time, in case the plastic does not come out the end of the barrel. If done right, the whole plastic comes out with BB's still intact enclosed in the shell and are released upon impact. It acts like small bore cannister shot, but only on impact. We only played with them on RR ties and heavy 1/8th. inch aluminum squares. A 12 gauge shell makes a 4 to 5 inch diameter hole in the aluminum at about 85 yards. paper shells work better. Legal, or illegal?.............NGE

Illegal in certain areas. That's an old New York State (and likely other areas) poachers trick. Worked with paper shells long before the plastic ones for deer hunting post season with only birdshot in your shells.

Upvote 0
kuger said:
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
Silver Searcher said:
:read2:

Perhaps it's not a Bullet :P but a piece of a board game or something similar, I noticed it had a flat bottom :P as if it was meant to sit on something with out rolling of :)

SS
As "V",said,the flat spot is where the sprue was cut off,its common
Strange never had one with the sprue cut of so neat like that :icon_scratch: then again I have only found a couple of thousand :laughing7:

SS
Regardless what I say you will disagree....you make a fool of your self.You are going to say you have dug a thousand of them and dont have a sprue cut off like that?C'mon,you flatter me that you would put your good name out there like that just to thorn me!I love it! :headbang:Maybe this bullet maker was anal!!!Oh,yea,I have a couple hundred that do have spru cut offs just like it!I do not have one with an "X", though,thats cool!!
You are just a Pratt, I don't give a flying fck what you think, I am entitled to me opinion and will always give it, and don't PM me again :angry5: there is a ignore button...just use it.

SS

Upvote 0
:hello:

Just to let the intelligent people on here know were I was coming from, I have found pieces like the one posted, that have been used for board games. The date back a long time, but have been used in many Time frames, not that I am saying that the one posted is from a board game :dontknow: I was mealy pointing out the possibility :) There have been some quite unusual and early finds in the US shown here on T.Net, so I was just pointing this out, everybody is entitled to there thoughts, but we shouldn't have to put up with Angry people being disrespectful :-\

SS

Attachments

• Games03.jpg
    Games03.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 485
  • Games09.jpg
    Games09.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 503
Upvote 0
Spooky said:
kuger said:

Look it up.

O.K. EXPERT,where in your "link",does it say anything about doing this on a round ball?Explain how flattening one surface,on a round ball would guarantee,that surface was going to impact in a way that would cause rapid expansion,thus causing an enlarged wound?I am quite faimiliar with expanding projectiles.Dont let me interupt your tea time with your buddies though :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
nowgittineverything said:
I'm staying out of this " rhubarb!"
Don't blame you...clearly this mans Cheese has slipped of his Cracker :laughing9:

SS

Upvote 0
Spooky said:
kuger said:
Spooky said:
kuger said:

Look it up.

O.K. EXPERT,where in your "link",does it say anything about doing this on a round ball?Explain how flattening one surface,on a round ball would guarantee,that surface was going to impact in a way that would cause rapid expansion,thus causing an enlarged wound?I am quite faimiliar with expanding projectiles.Dont let me interupt your tea time with your buddies though :thumbsup:

Wow.
you are REALLY upset that somewhere in your addled mind, somebody apparently challenged you.
Go back and read the posts, S L O W L Y, follow along, and look at what I and the other "offenders" are saying, and you will get it.
I'm STILL trying to figure out how my agreeing with someone over the commonly erroneous classification and misunderstanding of "dum dum" bullets has something to do with your manhood.
Thanks for gumming up the post with your strange rage.
I will now be utilizing the handy "ignore" feature because between your creepy posts and your threatening PMs, you are clearly disturbed.

cheers, mate.
I hope he doesn't own guns :o :o..that would be very scary :o

SS

Upvote 0
Spooky said:
Silver Searcher said:
Spooky said:
kuger said:
Spooky said:
kuger said:

Look it up.

Wow.
you are REALLY upset that somewhere in your addled mind, somebody apparently challenged you.
Go back and read the posts, S L O W L Y, follow along, and look at what I and the other "offenders" are saying, and you will get it.
I'm STILL trying to figure out how my agreeing with someone over the commonly erroneous classification and misunderstanding of "dum dum" bullets has something to do with your manhood.
Thanks for gumming up the post with your strange rage.
I will now be utilizing the handy "ignore" feature because between your creepy posts and your threatening PMs, you are clearly disturbed.

cheers, mate.
I hope he doesn't own guns :o :o..that would be very scary :o

SS

lol...
It's usually the one who sees conspiracies behind every tree and thinks everyone is out to "get Him" that after a while starts taking marching orders from his neighbors dog.

I think everyone should just calm down a bit! If he has got guns you have to worry what could happen :-\

Upvote 0
plehbah said:
There are many examples of field modified bullets; some of which served practical purposes, and some of which were representative of real world objects, and some were works of geometric whimsy and idle time.

The speculation about the purpose of the modifications to yours might be the most satisfaction you will get out of it.

It might be that we will never know for sure what the modifications to your bullet were for.

I also see a couple of lines in the lead which are curious.
It's a mystery to me and others. Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0
The same mold used to make balls used in the same smoothbore would be marked to increase accuracy, because placing them in the barrel identical in orientation as
the previous ball, would HAVE to increase the odds that said ball would wobble (or not!), lead left, right, up or down simply because while the ball IS imperfect, at least when the orientation is the same you have eliminated one more variable.

Makes perfect sense to me, but that is simply my opinion. That said, I'm hittin' the silk on this one!

Regards all! Skypilot

Upvote 0
lostlake88 said:
plehbah said:
There are many examples of field modified bullets; some of which served practical purposes, and some of which were representative of real world objects, and some were works of geometric whimsy and idle time.

The speculation about the purpose of the modifications to yours might be the most satisfaction you will get out of it.

It might be that we will never know for sure what the modifications to your bullet were for.

I guess my reply is chopped liver... :-\ :dontknow:

Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
I have found many mid to larger caliber round bullets with "X's" on them. Sharpshooters were very particular about their bullets. To get the absolute best accuracy they wanted to be sure the ball was oriented the same way shot after shot. So, they often would cut or grind off the sprue and put an X on the bullet. In the dark they could feel the X and be sure to load it correctly.

Best Wishes,

Buckles
BuckleBoy said:
lostlake88 said:
plehbah said:

:dontknow: :icon_scratch: ??? I guess that's the case, Buckles!! Well, they may have us on ignore for some reason that I am unaware of! :dontknow:
Heck with them!! ;D ;D ;D I am sure you nailed it, anyone with common sense can surely understand your reasoning! Also, after you posted the answer, I remember reading that Davey Crockett would do the "X" orientation, to increase accuracy. WOW!! I have NEVER been a ghost before!!! This is kinda cool!!! Wwwwoooooo, wwwwooooooo! BOO!! :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: Oh well BB, take care man!! Your also invisible friend, Skypilot

Upvote 0
skypilot02 said:
BuckleBoy said:
I have found many mid to larger caliber round bullets with "X's" on them. Sharpshooters were very particular about their bullets. To get the absolute best accuracy they wanted to be sure the ball was oriented the same way shot after shot. So, they often would cut or grind off the sprue and put an X on the bullet. In the dark they could feel the X and be sure to load it correctly.

Best Wishes,

Buckles
BuckleBoy said:
lostlake88 said:
plehbah said:

:dontknow: :icon_scratch: ??? I guess that's the case, Buckles!! Well, they may have us on ignore for some reason that I am unaware of! :dontknow:
Heck with them!! ;D ;D ;D I am sure you nailed it, anyone with common sense can surely understand your reasoning! Also, after you posted the answer, I remember reading that Davey Crockett would do the "X" orientation, to increase accuracy. WOW!! I have NEVER been a ghost before!!! This is kinda cool!!! Wwwwoooooo, wwwwooooooo! BOO!! :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: Oh well BB, take care man!! Your also invisible friend, Skypilot

Well, it's not a mystery to me what that that bullet is. :wink:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back