Bullet shells and some oldie coins

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hello everyone, I haven't posted a whole lot recently because I have been so busy with work and such this summer. Just got back from a 4 day trip to paint a house and I was able to sneak some detecting in after work. On tuesday I only had about a half hour to hunt before it got dark but I managed to find a 1918 wheatie. I had high hopes for this site considering the time constraints so I went back the next day with my buddy Alex. He was using my brother's detector and finding signals, and then I would double check them and tell him whether they were worth digging or not. On one such signal I was digging for him and out popped this great looking 1938 D buffalo nickel. I told him he found it so he could keep it, but he insisted that I take it and not wanting to be rude ; ) I did. The next day we found nothing but bullet shells while trying a new site. I decided since I had a free 45 minutes today before I had to leave I would try the site where the wheat and buffalo came from one more time and I found the 1948 S silver rosie! So all in all it was a very successful detecting trip despite a lack of time, and I also found a pocket knife which essentially crumbled in my hands when I found it, and a total of 24 bullet shells. Thanks for checking out my post everyone and I hope you have a chance to hunt soon!

-Washingtonian

Attachments

• trip1.jpg
    trip1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 396
  • trip2.jpg
    trip2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 401
  • trip3.jpg
    trip3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 392
  • trip4.jpg
    trip4.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 396
Upvote 0
Love your finds. You got a good assortment of bullets. I love the old pocket kniefe, and the coins also. Keep up the good hunting. Most of all have a good time. HH......

Excellent finds :icon_thumleft:
I can appreciate the house painting bit too, having painted a few, inside and out.

What the Heck happened on that area, that you can find 24 relics of shells/cartridge cases of all sorts?
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back