Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a hunt this morning in a small Sierra town. I was trying to get permission at one of the old houses along the RR tracks but couldn't get an okay, so I just went along between the tracks and the property lines.
I've been wanting to find an old RR padlock since I first started detecting. Well, today was the day!
Also got a marble (love finding them!), a 1956 Uncle Sam Half Buck play money and a 1962 Look magazine 25 year anniversary token.

IMG_7785.jpg

Oh, and the usual junk plus $3.69 in clad.
IMG_7786.jpg

Upvote 39
Got out for a hunt this morning in a small Sierra town. I was trying to get permission at one of the old houses along the RR tracks but couldn't get an okay, so I just went along between the tracks and the property lines.
I've been wanting to find an old RR padlock since I first started detecting. Well, today was the day!
Also got a marble (love finding them!), a 1956 Uncle Sam Half Buck play money and a 1962 Look magazine 25 year anniversary token.

View attachment 2169955

View attachment 2169958
Ahhhh my man.... is that a moonie?! I have found HUNDREDS of marbles in my neighbors yard. Everytime i find a moonie.... i go bonkers

View attachment 2169955

View attachment 2169958
Locks in good condition. 👍

Ahhhh my man.... is that a moonie?! I have found HUNDREDS of marbles in my neighbors yard. Everytime i find a moonie.... i go bonkers
I have no idea what a moonie is, but I always get a kick out of finding marbles for some reason. robably because I've lost so many of mine! :laughing7:

I have no idea what a moonie is, but I always get a kick out of finding marbles for some reason. robably because I've lost so many of mine! :laughing7:

Really i just refer to any old akro agate marbles as moonies :p

View attachment 2169955

View attachment 2169958
great finds and that lock cleaned up quite nicely, wtg

View attachment 2169955

View attachment 2169958
My first glance was hua the play money was your goal ? lol congratulations cool find

View attachment 2169955

View attachment 2169958
Gotta love those old padlocks

View attachment 2169955

View attachment 2169958
Congratulations, let's see when you invite me to one of those places

great finds and that lock cleaned up quite nicely, wtg
Thanks! Actually, I didn't have to clean it at all, that's how it came out of the dirt.

Thanks! Actually, I didn't have to clean it at all, that's how it came out of the dirt.
Sandy soil ?
that's the ONLY place I've ever gotten stuff that clean out of ....
Down on Folly Island I got my BEST flying eagle cent out of sandy soil... sand just doesn't stick to copper...

Sandy soil ?
that's the ONLY place I've ever gotten stuff that clean out of ....
Down on Folly Island I got my BEST flying eagle cent out of sandy soil... sand just doesn't stick to copper...
Actually, it was in the embankment of the raised railway bed, so whatever that mix of stone/gravel/sand that they used for building those up.

Dry well drained soils really helps the survival rate of the relics.
Congratulations on the R/R lock.
Beautiful condition
Is there any marking on the back?

I wish I still had all my childhood marbles still.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back