Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Makro racer2
Garrett ATpro
FisherF2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bucket lister!!!! And it's in pretty good shape

On my lunch break today I grabbed my trusty etrac and headed out to the old farm fields where I previously found two very old coppers. A coworker had come along interested in the buried treasure I might find. 15 mins into swinging I get a beautiful signal about 8" down. I knew it was something good! I popped the plug and there it was... At first I thought i had a small copper, it was completely covered in wet soil. He proceeded to rub the coin with his FINGER to clean it off.. Realizing it was silver I couldn't grab it from him fast enough!! ☹️.. He didn't know any better but he does now! What I found is a 1875s seated quarter. Minus the finger buff to the front side, its in great shape!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454041600.698162.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454041614.328276.jpg

Upvote 41
So nice! And I appreciate any THer that is 'finger rub' conscious. Good work. The 'finger buff' on that coin ain't that bad! haha

Congrats on your bucket list coin. That is a beauty. There is only one person I will ever hand a dug coin to, & that is my hunting partner. He knows better than to rub them.

Very Nice! Congratz!

That is a beauty :occasion14:

Nice nice nice! Well played.

Very nice find

I always like seeing the seated coins. Great find! [emoji106]

Great Coin - Congratulations! :occasion14:

Yeah it's a beauty congratulations. I've been there before. Excitement sometimes gets the best of us

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back