Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Makro racer2
Garrett ATpro
FisherF2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bucket lister!!!! And it's in pretty good shape

On my lunch break today I grabbed my trusty etrac and headed out to the old farm fields where I previously found two very old coppers. A coworker had come along interested in the buried treasure I might find. 15 mins into swinging I get a beautiful signal about 8" down. I knew it was something good! I popped the plug and there it was... At first I thought i had a small copper, it was completely covered in wet soil. He proceeded to rub the coin with his FINGER to clean it off.. Realizing it was silver I couldn't grab it from him fast enough!! ☹️.. He didn't know any better but he does now! What I found is a 1875s seated quarter. Minus the finger buff to the front side, its in great shape!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454041600.698162.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454041614.328276.jpg

Upvote 41
Excellent save!!

The only thing worse than a friend rubbing the coin for you is when there are rugrats around and one of them shouts "THERE IT IS!" and before you can move he's pulled it out and already had begun to shine it up for you! LOL

Nice!!

Thanks everyone! This was my second seated ever, the first was a 1857 half dime with a hole through it..I'm glad this one is a good one.. And yes I'll be holding my finds from now on to show friends! [emoji16]

Nice going. I love finding seated coinage and you got a good one. First time out this year pulled a seated dime. Only need to the seated dollar to complete the group. Which machine were you using?

I bought an Etrac last summer, I didn't think I was going to like it at first but after spending some time with it I love it! My son uses my Atpro (also a great machine) but the etrac is deeper and gives you more information on the target.. Its definitely grown on me!

I'll say it's in pretty good shape. It's beautiful.

Congrats on your Bucket List find. I'm still buried under two feet of snow here so hunting is out for now.
The withdrawal is almost unbearable; especially when I come here and see all of the great finds.

I know the feeling Garrett! Temps have been unseasonably warm here and I've been taking full advantage!!

On my lunch break today I grabbed my trusty etrac and headed out to the old farm fields where I previously found two very old coppers. A coworker had come along interested in the buried treasure I might find. 15 mins into swinging I get a beautiful signal about 8" down. I knew it was something good! I popped the plug and there it was... At first I thought i had a small copper, it was completely covered in wet soil. He proceeded to rub the coin with his FINGER to clean it off.. Realizing it was silver I couldn't grab it from him fast enough!! ☹️.. He didn't know any better but he does now! What I found is a 1875s seated quarter. Minus the finger buff to the front side, its in great shape!

View attachment 1265720View attachment 1265721

AMEN to that, Kingrich! I once unknowingly rubbed several hundred dollars off an otherwise AU 1797 half dime! After grading, it came back "AU details, CLEANED!!!" I now carry a small bottle of water to drop any coins in, although even that is not foolproof!

Sweet find bro! Glad to hear someone got out, I've been hesitant on the frozen ground but that find it enough to get me off my seat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back