Bronze statuette found in Serbia

spartakos45

Greenie
Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone please help me with this statuette?My friend found it a few days ago in Serbia but we have absolutetly no idea what it is.Its a bronze statuette 25 cm high. 001.JPG005.JPG
:icon_scratch:

Look under the bottom! I bet it says "Made in China". (maybe 3000 years ago, they don't make quality items like that anymore):laughing7:. That's an impressive find. Congratulations to your friend!

Upvote 0
Well appears sand cast which is a few hundred years old at least. Im not aware of the history of your area, but you may have a major find. Protect the site, and quit digging. If its modern, you got me.

Upvote 0
easy to tell modern copy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This item was found at least 40 cm in to the ground with a GARET metal detector in East serbia.Its not a fake and its not a suvenir.No one of my friends has been ever in China.Its a big mitsery for me how this item end up in Serbia.Near the territory that this item was found there is a big necropolis that has a history of 2000 years.
6) Stari Grad leva strana.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This item was found at least 40 cm in to the ground with a GARET metal detector in East serbia.Its not a fake and its not a suvenir.No one of my friends has been ever in China.Its a big mitsery for me how this item end up in Serbia.Near the territory that this item was found there is a big necropolis that has a history of 2000 years.
View attachment 785363

OK, your friend or the person that buried it is pulling your leg.
It is not ancient Bronze.
If it was ever in the ground, it wasn't for very long.
The patination is completely wrong & created using aging chemicals.
The incised/cast decoration is wrong.
Clean scars are present where the patination is missing, this indicates it wasn't in the ground or wasn't there long as they have not 'healed'.
The base shows signs of modern casting methods.
I see ancient bronze all the time & if you still don't believe me, take it to a Museum & update us with the result?
Here is a similar one for sale:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back