Bones...animal or human?

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
Is there any sure way to determine whether bones are animal or human? I was digging a new spot a week ago when I hit these bones at around 12 inches deep...right under these I found two old metal "rivets" from denim jeans. The color of the bones just aren't like I am used to seeing with animal bones and I got a real odd feeling when I unearthed them. I got up, left and haven't looked back until now. Today I decided it was time to download the pics and ask around...I know the pics aren't really a perfect bone to use, such as a femur or skull, but they are the only two I pulled out of the ground. I really wasn't looking for more, I just wanted to get out of there :-\
History on the area is that it is a field...behind old barns and was once a schoolyard in the 1800's...now just overgrown and hidden from any roads/viewing eyes.

Attachments

• Photo0127.jpg
    Photo0127.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,004
  • Photo0128.jpg
    Photo0128.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 979
  • Photo0129_renamed_23637.jpg
    Photo0129_renamed_23637.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 992
djm of PA said:
Thanks for the info Breezie, just got a similar response today from an "archie", so.......next weekend we are exhuming just to find out what it is, now that we have reason to believe it isn't human!!

nice idea for the garden...might just do that :D

You're welcome. Be sure to let us know what you two find. Breezie

PS: The authorities will dig for live ammo as well as bones; you might want to throw in a few of those in your garden area too! LOL

Upvote 0
Breezie said:
djm of PA said:
Thanks for the info Breezie, just got a similar response today from an "archie", so.......next weekend we are exhuming just to find out what it is, now that we have reason to believe it isn't human!!

nice idea for the garden...might just do that :D

You're welcome. Be sure to let us know what you two find. Breezie

PS: The authorities will dig for live ammo as well as bones; you might want to throw in a few of those in your garden area too! LOL
Any updates on this? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back