XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 502
Re: WW1 or WW2 Amry Badge ID please????

Hard to make out the letters/words mate, but seems the standard Royal crest. The bottom will be whatever regiment it turns out to be's motto, usually in latin. I can make out "ET"...as in "ET MON DROIT", but don't think it's that motto. Just using it as an example.
Someone will turn up soon with a better post lol.

Upvote 0

:read2:

General Service collar badge. The Royal arms and motto 'DIEU ET MON DROIT' Top Missing.

SS

Attachments

• 1306695439A.jpg
    1306695439A.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 945
Upvote 0

Cheers mate looks simler but its just not the same :-\

Upvote 0
jimmy uk said:

Looks early 19th C but I have no idea really, surprised the US/Canadian guys don't know. They turn up over there more than here plus they pay more attention :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What is the size? A guy posted something similar on here over the winter. He dug it from an 1812 battlefield near Williamsburg Virginia. He took it to the archies there but only got conjecture. Horse related was about the best they could do. We never got a definite ID.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
its 10cm by 7cm thanks for the help people

Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
jimmy uk said:
its 10cm by 7cm thanks for the help people

That's big. Shako badge?

Or one of these?

DCMatt

Thats what I was thinking, based on your guys experience, not heard the term before, until on Tnet.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
jimmy uk said:

Looks early 19th C but I have no idea really, surprised the US/Canadian guys don't know. They turn up over there more than here plus they pay more attention :thumbsup:

A fair amount of early Shako plates have been found around Niagara but I doubt the one above is early. Probably dates with the buttons... maybe late 1800s/early 19s. I have never seen one of those posted from Canada or the US.

Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
jimmy uk said:

A fair amount of early Shako plates have been found around Niagara but I doubt the one above is early. Probably dates with the buttons... maybe late 1800s/early 19s. I have never seen one of those posted from Canada or the US.

OK, I have a couple of thin badge bits but other than that my experience in finding these is limited to post-1900.

Its a shame the Crown is missing which was the most IDing piece. Maybe the finder can search the area for the other bits?

Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
jimmy uk said:

thanks for the help people :) i know where the other part is as when i found it i thought it was just a bit of copper and a bit did fall off and i just throw it a away not far tho :o went back today to have a look on pasture and i cant find it any where :sad5: :sad5:

OK, I have a couple of thin badge bits but other than that my experience in finding these is limited to post-1900.

Its a shame the Crown is missing which was the most IDing piece. Maybe the finder can search the area for the other bits?

Upvote 0
The two closes I can come up with ............... but the chain still don't hang quite right on the unicorn. :icon_scratch: Both of these came off pouches.Maybe a earlier version of them.
1- British Royal Horse Guard
2- British Royal Life Guard
Also see some scottish close.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Attachments

• BT6000-5[1].jpg
    BT6000-5[1].jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 461
  • BT5500-6[1].jpg
    BT5500-6[1].jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0
Timekiller said:
The two closes I can come up with ............... but the chain still don't hang quite right on the unicorn. :icon_scratch: Both of these came off pouches.Maybe a earlier version of them.
Take Care,

The differences might be because the two you posted are likely fake. Were they replica pictures?

Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Timekiller said:
Take Care,

The differences might be because the two you posted are likely fake. Were they replica pictures?

they do look like poorly done casts, not the fine finish I would expect ???

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back