2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• sdollar2.jpg
    sdollar2.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 41
been coming here for 25 years, I don't post my finds that much, and I post here and there but I read the threads 3 to 4 times a week, well after 25 years of detecting I finally dug a silver dollar, over the years I have dug just about everything, now my next big find is the GW button
one of the prettiest coins ever minted by the US imo very nice find, good luck on popping that dandy of all dandies....sure is fun finding big buttons in colonial sites just never do know...keep swinging hope u get one
BTW...could u show a cleanup pic of that coin at some time :)

Really good find! Down here the cotton mills paid off in silver dollars, but I've only found one!
that is good info going to have to do some research ...we had more tobacco and turkey farms up here in Virginia way but good ideas percolating...find that juke/fiddler joint where they spent all their money

This is a once in a LIFETIME find !! 30 + years hunting to include almost everything from Roman to Modern and I have never found a silver dollar, I voted BANNER, simply because of its rarity and I congratulate you on a fantastic find of a lifetime !!

I said this in another forum, but will say it here.. I believe its rare for two reasons... ONE .. Probably most people did not carry such big coins around with them on a daily basis, and TWO... If someone were to drop or lose a coin that size, then anyone around or nearby almost certainly could see such a large coin before it gets buried... That's my take and I'm sticking too it..

been coming here for 25 years, I don't post my finds that much, and I post here and there but I read the threads 3 to 4 times a week, well after 25 years of detecting I finally dug a silver dollar, over the years I have dug just about everything, now my next big find is the GW button
Was this a beach find ? looks like salt water sand on that coin !!

big time gratz

Was definitely in water and could be fresh water find as well, imo. Congratulation's and welcome to the silver dollar club.
GW button would be nice but over here, doubtful, so my want is a gold coin.
With your luck running nicely this early in the year who knows what you'll pop out.

Congrats on getting that monkey off your back.
Still looking for my first one-been wanting to find one now for over 50 years.
It was the first want I ever had-still gathering dust on the back.

Nice! I've found 3 Morgans, but, I haven't found a Peace dollar yet.

thanks guys, here is what I found all together at this site, it was the ocean after a big storm, this was the 2 hunts before the silver dollar find

Attachments

• DSCF0026.JPG
    DSCF0026.JPG
    384.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF0027.JPG
    DSCF0027.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF0028.JPG
    DSCF0028.JPG
    491.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0029.JPG
    DSCF0029.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 26
  • sdollar.jpg
    sdollar.jpg
    634.2 KB · Views: 25
thanks guys, here is what I found all together at this site, it was the ocean after a big storm, this was the 2 hunts before the silver dollar find
Nice gold ring, and I see the Merc, but is that also an Indian head penny?

Good job! It's at the peak of my bucket list!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back