Best silver day ever.

RKinOI

Nov 18, 2004
I've hunted this old abandoned school deep in the woods about 20 times and have done pretty good. Found a gold cross an old copper ring and the 1900 barber dime in the pic. Went back today and went further back in the woods behind the foundations and found some kind of small sistern or something. I started hunting around it in a spiral going out and started getting coin signals , one after the other.First the 24 merc. then the 39 then the 95 half then the 37 merc. I was freakin' I'm glad knowone could see me down there dancin in the woods. After that I worked out to about 30' from the rock sistern and found nothing else accept for the 52 while walking out. Oh yea I also found the lead soldier does anyone know how old it is? YEA!! Best day so far.

Attachments

• DSCF0352.JPG
    DSCF0352.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 710
  • DSCF0357.JPG
    DSCF0357.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 712
Upvote 0
RK,you will need a boat to get there site is on private prop. but by boat you will have no problem lots of people go by boat to look around snakes are out now and gators seen a gator about 9 feet near there yesterday.good time would be in winter. but one of the old shimpers in south port and use to be my capt. before retiring told me back in the 1970s some one he knows detected the place and found some stuff but detectors are better now lot of weeds and growth but part of the old house is still t
here foundation the bricks from the house was used in the costrution of this shimpers dads home in southport.
muddyknees

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back