Beretta M9 Commercial.

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
A Beretta M9 Commercial I ordered arrive at my FFL today and I did the paperwork and took her home. It was the last of the facsimile weapons I needed to complete my carried weapons display (M9 Beretta, M16 604, M16A2 645, and S&W K38), from my USAF service.

A real Military M9 was not something that was going to happen. Other than a few General Officer weapons, there aren't any on the commercial market, and probably never will be.

A few quick shots of her, and the obligatory group shot.

Picture 1 & 2 With her new home, a M12 holster I actually wore down range during early deployments. Operations Desert Shield/Desert Storm, Joint Endeavor (IFOR), Joint Forge (SFOR), Southern Watch.

Picture 3 & 4 Simple side profile shot of her.

Picture 5 Her with my other carried service weapon facsimiles. Left to right an AR as a M16 (604), M9 Commercial, S&W 15-3, and an AR as a M16A2 (645).

Picture 6 & 7 Optional home for her, my Operation Enduring Freedom issued and worn drop leg holster.

20240904_133844.jpg
20240904_133815.jpg
20240904_133802.jpg
20240904_133753.jpg
20240904_174956.jpg

20230623_183654.jpg
20230623_183744.jpg

Last edited:
Clearer shot with better lighting. I'm going to swap out the grip screws with slotted ones (Like they were on the military guns), plus I'll change out the plastic Hammer Spring Cap w/ Lanyard loop for the aluminum one (Like on the military guns).

Make her look more like the ones we carried. It's like seeing an old friend after years apart.

20240906_122544.jpg

Last edited:
Sarge, when you say "facsimile", do you mean a fully functioning civilian version of the same weapon?

Sarge, when you say "facsimile", do you mean a fully functioning civilian version of the same weapon?

Good question, sort of, facsimile, clone, copy, pick your favorite word (Noun or verb).

All are functioning firearms. Just don't have certain US Government markings or certain fun functions.

Example the ARs are missing the fun/giggle switch (Auto or burst), that's too dang much money for me $15,000.00 plus (Or 4 plus years of saving my gun allowance).

Last edited:
I carried that same type pistol when I was down in Honduras. - U.S. Army.

So a little trip down memory lane for ya, good deal.....

Amazing how after not handling something for a while, how it all comes back to you once it is in your hands.

My first unit, 27th Tactical Air Support Squadron. 602nd Tactical Air Control Wing flying OV-10A Broncos, went down to Pomarola Air Station (AKA Soto Cano Air Base) Honduras Mid 1988.

I was out processing for an overseas assignment (4 years to Germany) so I didn't get to go. Sure made me madder than a wet hen.

Nice sidearm. Mine was made in the 1990's with the slotted head grip screws. Carried it as duty weapon until we were issued the model 96 .40 caliber. Purchased it for $225. Should have bought the 96 when we went to the Glock 37. I still have the Glock. When we retired you got to keep your issued duty weapon.

Nice sidearm. Mine was made in the 1990's with the slotted head grip screws. Carried it as duty weapon until we were issued the model 96 .40 caliber. Purchased it for $225. Should have bought the 96 when we went to the Glock 37. I still have the Glock. When we retired you got to keep your issued duty weapon.

How did you like the 96 over the 92? Which out of the three was your favorite? I have no experience with the 96 or Glock.

Other than carrying one around, I never was put in a postion to where I had fire one in anger/defense. Unless you count those pesky paper targets they had for us at the range.

I dislike the look of the hex screws that is for sure. Just makes it look weird, almost toy like to be honest. That's why I will be changing them out ASAP. It'll make it look more accurate to what we carried.

Congrats on the Aquisition (s) Sarge.
Same horse under the hide in most places on your newest.. Different markings is all.
How you kept that holster clean and not frayed to annoyance before burning it back or replacing it somehow, is telling of what to expect in the rest of your outfit.

Thanks for your service again. And to the other Veterans that participated,( I didn't ) Thank you!.

Meanwhile , that S&W would suit me and my's wheel gun familiarity just fine.
( It would get the attention of the seldom premium grade budget for being a S&W though.
Let alone a Combat Masterpiece.)
Watched one sail past at a decent auction a while back. It's both a complimenting familier civi caliber and a top quality design. Just didn't have to nab it I guess.

Understood on the familiarity/muscle memory being there on a well known former acquaintance as if it was never far away in the past.

A Beretta M9 Commercial I ordered arrive at my FFL today and I did the paperwork and took her home. It was the last of the facsimile weapons I needed to complete my carried weapons display (M9 Beretta, M16 604, M16A2 645, and S&W K38), from my USAF service.

A real Military M9 was not something that was going to happen. Other than a few General Officer weapons, there aren't any on the commercial market, and probably never will be.

A few quick shots of her, and the obligatory group shot.

Picture 1 & 2 With her new home, a M12 holster I actually wore down range during early deployments. Operations Desert Shield/Desert Storm, Joint Endeavor (IFOR), Joint Forge (SFOR), Southern Watch.

Picture 3 & 4 Simple side profile shot of her.

Picture 5 Her with my other carried service weapon facsimiles. Left to right an AR as a M16 (604), M9 Commercial, S&W 15-3, and an AR as a M16A2 (645).

Picture 6 & 7 Optional home for her, my Operation Enduring Freedom issued and worn drop leg holster.

View attachment 2167090View attachment 2167089View attachment 2167088View attachment 2167087View attachment 2167091
View attachment 2167093View attachment 2167094
That’s a pretty sweet shooting pistol, remember her well from the late 80’s , congrats!

How did you like the 96 over the 92? Which out of the three was your favorite? I have no experience with the 96 or Glock.

Other than carrying one around, I never was put in a postion to where I had fire one in anger/defense. Unless you count those pesky paper targets they had for us at the range.

I dislike the look of the hex screws that is for sure. Just makes it look weird, almost toy like to be honest. That's why I will be changing them out ASAP. It'll make it look more accurate to what we carried.
The 92 and 96 are very similar with the exception of magazine capacity and a little more recoil with the 96. I liked the 92 over the 96. The Glock is a different animal. I like the trigger reset on the Glocks and the weapon is reliable. It doesn't break down as quick and easy as the Beretta, or it might be I'm a lot more familiar with the Beretta platform. The 37 is a .45 GAP, which is pricey and sometimes hard to find.

Nice addition to your collection.

I have 3 .45s, a 9mm and .22 pistol. I carry a .45 99.9% of the time when I leave home no matter where I am going..

Congrats on the Aquisition (s) Sarge.
Same horse under the hide in most places on your newest.. Different markings is all.
How you kept that holster clean and not frayed to annoyance before burning it back or replacing it somehow, is telling of what to expect in the rest of your outfit.

Thanks for your service again. And to the other Veterans that participated,( I didn't ) Thank you!.

Meanwhile , that S&W would suit me and my's wheel gun familiarity just fine.
( It would get the attention of the seldom premium grade budget for being a S&W though.
Let alone a Combat Masterpiece.)
Watched one sail past at a decent auction a while back. It's both a complimenting familier civi caliber and a top quality design. Just didn't have to nab it I guess.

Understood on the familiarity/muscle memory being there on a well known former acquaintance as if it was never far away in the past.

Don't have an explanation as to why, but I tend to take care of my stuff. Especially when I was in the Air Force. I still have my ground helmets, flight helmets, web gear, etc.

The belt with the drop leg holster spent most of its time in my bag, which is the reason it's cleaner than the holster. The drop holster itself was dirty as hell, and even after wiping it down, it's still dusty. I don't think that sand/dust ever comes out completely.

The M12 holster had an easy life, it was just dusty as hell also, but it cleaned up better. Need to pull my LC-1 and LC-2 web belts out of the attic and put the holsters on them to complete the look.

Being Air Force, our gear didn't get beat up, like you would see with the Army or Marines. Those boys were in the mix and their gear and equipment showed it.

The Smith, I picked it up in Dec 2022 at a local gunshow. After checking it out and deciding it fit what i needed, I asked them what they wanted for it and she $400.00. I think I burnt my fingertips get my wallet and cash out.

Have a target hammer and target trigger for it, like our USAF models had. It's currently wearing a semi target hammer and service trigger. Everyone keeps telling me how easy it is to change out, just haven't got brave enough to do it. Plus we don't have a gun smith close by.

20230326_141601.jpg

I know a really good gunsmith in Dothan which isn’t too far from you. PM me if you’re interested and I’ll give you his contact information.

PM sent boss.

My dad would say of me "If it can be broke the boy will break it. If it can't be broke, the boy will invent a way to break it, then break it".

Maybe that is why I don't mess with certain things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back