All Treasure Hunting
stopped at the mini-mart , didn't check my change till I left

I wish I Had :laughing7:

Good Year :wink:

the year I was Born

000aaa (2).JPG
000bbb(2).JPG

Last edited:
Yesterday, the only old coin I found was a 1953.....the year I was born! Weird how that happens.

Its always nice to find coins like that in change. My wife gave me her wallet full of change to look thru the other night and I pulled a Wheat penny out of there also. Every now and then, she has a silver in her change. I probably need to look thru it a little more often !

Still Coming ! I my Pocket Change

View attachment 2165960View attachment 2165961

This Time Unsure Where
Not sure the validity of my theory, but have always reasoned that when the economy started taking a downturn (or upturn in inflation) you seem to find more old coins in circulation. Always thought it was someone going to their top drawer to make gas moneyโ€ฆ.but could just be a coincidence.

When I was going to school in the 1950s in upper New York State there were quite a few mid to late 1800s and early 1900s coins used to buy food at the school cafeteria. I never could figure that out either. I still have the ones the cashiers saved for me.

When I was going to school in the 1950s in upper New York State there were quite a few mid to late 1800s and early 1900s coins used to buy food at the school cafeteria. I never could figure that out either. I still have the ones the cashiers saved for me.
Dad was in the jaycees in the early 70s. One of their fund raisers involved the county fair. He kept many old coins that came in during that time. Always assumed grandpa gave little jimmy a coin (to keep) and little jimmy spent it on cotton candy.

I had the same agreement with our lunch lady and a friend who ran vending machines for lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back