Barber King

Bryan1776

Jan 1, 2019
Ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES MX SPORT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One month in Japan and then bum leg is killing my favorite hobby right now. I was finally able to get out last weekend, and pulled a coupe of silver and a cool token! I've more Barber dimes than Mercs or Rosies. not complaining, but interesting.
1950 Washington was in with 3 nails down 8", Barber only 2".. weird. And lets not forget our part to clean ground of all that trash!!! I hope this leg stops hurting so I can get back out there!

Attachments

• IMG_7106.JPG
    IMG_7106.JPG
    708.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_7108.JPG
    IMG_7108.JPG
    639.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_7109.JPG
    IMG_7109.JPG
    633 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7101.JPG
    IMG_7101.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_7104.JPG
    IMG_7104.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
Upvote 19
Way to go! I unfortunately have more Rosies than any other silver dime. Trying to change that but they keep popping up at older sites! [emoji23]

Just curious , how do you get more Barbers , than Mercs, or Rosies ?? What kind of sites are you hunting ?

Very nice Bryan! You could sure win a shooting match with the pattern on those Lincolns!

Best wishes!

Nice work, love the saloon token!! I know what it’s like to dig on a bum knee, it sucks!

Good luck with your leg I've had some issues with mine so I feel for you. Funny it took me 3 years to find a barber dime now I quickly found 3. I even found 2 seated dimes before a barber. It doesn't always makes sense! That's what I like about it all! Congrats on the finds!

You earned the crown hope the ol leg gets better soon my friend

Argentium
To answer your question, its probably more luck than anything.
But having said that I like to tweak my luck by hunting old homes and not walking when I have been told its ben hunted.
The first silver I ever found was a Barber found at a 1800 fire station that has been hunted to death....I find most of my Barbers at these sites, when a permission person tells me it s been hunted out I start grinning!
I found one earlier this spring at 1800's house that the farmer lets everyone hunt there! so far this year I've found 2 Seated 8 Barbers 4 Merc and 2 Rosie's, and I haven't been able to get out much. Look for sites that date to late 1800's to early 1900's. If some tells you its been hunted don't immediately dismiss it. At those sits I dig most every signal for the first hour just to see how things ring up and what's coming out of the ground. Than I concentrate on deep signals. My MX Sport usually pulls pretty deep 8 to 10" easy. Hope this helps. If not tell me and I'll try to clear any confusion. Good luck

Nice work Bryan nice looking barber and hope your leg gets better soon. Good luck.

Nice finds! Please post pics of both sides of the saloon token on tokencatalog.com - and maybe with a hint where it was found, it might someday get a plausible attribution!
John in the Great 208

Nice finds, congrats! :occasion14:

The saloon token is blank on the reverse side, I need to find a list of old saloons from the Lancaster area to date it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back