prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after I found the 1820 LC overstamp in my front yard I just knew there had to be something else in there someplace. I started in the front yard and worked my way to the back. I couldnt pick out anything between all the iron so I ran it on full Disc. about 2 hours later after digging the typical nonscense I find this belt buckle at about 3-4 inches down. My heart skipped a few beats when I saw the US. also found this lock that says 1850 or 60. heres the pictures, enjoy.

Pro-

Attachments

• 100_0245.JPG
    100_0245.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 100_0249.JPG
    100_0249.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,033
  • 100_0246.JPG
    100_0246.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 100_0248.JPG
    100_0248.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 100_0247.JPG
    100_0247.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,048
Upvote 0
NO WAY!! That is an Awesome buckle. I'd pick every piece of iron out of that yard. Super congrats. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Whoa, Let me get this straight. You found a US Civil War belt plate in your yard, in NY ?!?
That awesome! I guess there is hope for me finding a Civil War artifact after all.
One of those belt plates would make me very happy.
I would be digging the Iron too, after I was done with everything else.
HH,
Donny

Wow,

Your really lucky and get lots of rare finds. Good Hunting....

Keep @ it and HH!!

holey moley what a find... you would find me flat out on the ground onthat one :thumbsup:

Wow...Nice plate, What are the Odds of that? :icon_scratch: Maybe work the back yard over and remove the Iron to see what else is waiting to be discovered...GL and Congrats on the Relics

Whoa, that US plate is in awesome shape and completely intact. Big congrats on that super, super find. Tear that yard apart man!

Man, congratulations on that belt plate! That is in superb condition and has all the hooks, so you get two thumbs up for that one :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !

Steve

Nice...... now clear the iron :thumbsup:

beautiful buckle :o time to hit the backyard again ! congrats :thumbsup:

I'd be hunting in ALL metal mode and dig everything to clear that yard!!! you never know what you may be missing till you clear all the junk, dig it all man, it is your yard, you have the time.

Excellent buckle!! Now it's time to grid off your yard. Work it in 3 ft by 3ft
squares, and clean them out. With large cents in the front, and CW buckles in
the back, you are almost certain to find some other excellent goodies!!!

HH Slabman :thumbsup:

just like today army vets wore their uniforms home from war ---clothes were not wasted back then --like today folks used em --so if you have a civil war era home area you have a chance of civil war related stuff being there --lost / damaged while on leave or after coming home -- by its owner --or in action that occured there many small skirmish actions were 20 or 30 men scouting parties bumped into one another occured often with little or no "offical" record of them in many cases esp in the south

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back