prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after I found the 1820 LC overstamp in my front yard I just knew there had to be something else in there someplace. I started in the front yard and worked my way to the back. I couldnt pick out anything between all the iron so I ran it on full Disc. about 2 hours later after digging the typical nonscense I find this belt buckle at about 3-4 inches down. My heart skipped a few beats when I saw the US. also found this lock that says 1850 or 60. heres the pictures, enjoy.

Pro-

Attachments

• 100_0245.JPG
    100_0245.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 100_0249.JPG
    100_0249.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,033
  • 100_0246.JPG
    100_0246.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 100_0248.JPG
    100_0248.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 100_0247.JPG
    100_0247.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,048
Upvote 0
Wow!! what great responses, thanks everyone!! Yes!! my yard is one bewildering piece of property ??? :, when I saw that (US) I was in total shock :tongue3:!! good thing the scratch I put in it wasnt very deep, (slight abration) thanks TYMCMURRY, that was quite a compliment! this is the first civil war relic ive ever dug and for the next few weeks or more ill be on cloud 9, all you guys gave great compliments and I thank you deeply!! Just to find something like this, on the 4th of july no less, is a feeling that will stay with me forever. and yes I will be digging the living crap out of my yard! LOL
I hope you all have the same luck!
and thanks again
Pro-

awesome find....you just never know where those plates will turn up.I found mine in a yard but not one other c/w relic..go figure.....congrats

Randall

Attachments

• buckle.JPG
    buckle.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 548
djabend said:
Whoa, Let me get this straight. You found a US Civil War belt plate in your yard, in NY ?!?
That awesome! I guess there is hope for me finding a Civil War artifact after all.
One of those belt plates would make me very happy.
I would be digging the Iron too, after I was done with everything else.
HH,
Donny

Keep the dream, my diggin bud found one on Canada's east coast. Have never seen even a single button found so pretty cool.

Great find prolab69.

Outstanding find!!! Do you have the history of you house? You might want to go to the county courthouse and research the deeds.. get a name for the CW period and cross reference that to the list of Union rolls. You might get lucky and find him... unit etc.. if you can come up with a Unit I can search the war report.. I found a stencil in my basement.. and that was an easy search since I already had the name and unit.. pretty cool stuff!!

MonkeyBoy

HOLY CRAP! great. in new york! damn, i have to go grid out my yard again. we had the rev. soldiers but far as i know no civil guys. however, there are a lot of vets buried up here.

Ill be hitting the library this week to do some full research on this house. LOL! but ill wait for it to rain and not waste the sunny weather when I could be hunting it.
thanks everyone.
Pro-

Fully Intact....Just Beautiful.....Just right under my CS want list ;D Cherish that Puppy,great find!!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back