awesome knife!

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never sound anything like this! The flaking and base is new to me, never found this style before! Definitely my favorite blade to date!

ForumRunner_20121217_140342.png

ForumRunner_20121217_140348.png

ForumRunner_20121217_140400.png

Upvote 0
man that is very unique and cool .. awesome pc

what can describe that pc is ingenuity, they knew they couldnt form that into a normal pc but they made it work for them anyway.

what can describe that pc is ingenuity, they knew they couldnt form that into a normal pc but they made it work for them anyway.

I love it most unique piece I've ever found

Nice stuff Johnathan! I belive that's a type of tang knife. Made to be that way. The Horizontal flaking has a Paleo or very early archaic look to it.

Nice Johnathn. I bet they were bummed when that bottom broke off in their hand. It is cool cause you can see the steps in manufacture up until they broke it.And then some more work. Why are all the good ones broke? Nice points.

I belive that's a type of tang knife. Made to be that way..

I think they didnt want to waste that pc of flint and utilized it how they could and yeah made a tang knife out of it.

nice bird point and brewerton side notch??

Nice Johnathn. I bet they were bummed when that bottom broke off in their hand. It is cool cause you can see the steps in manufacture up until they broke it.And then some more work. Why are all the good ones broke? Nice points.

im not so sure that broke on them :dontknow:

I think they didnt want to waste that pc of flint and utilized it how they could and yeah made a tang knife out of it.

nice bird point and brewerton side notch??

I guessing its a rowan not sure tho? Yeah I thought at 1st it was broken but I'm almost possitive it isn't broken and made a tang knife out of it as well. Its not snapped that chunk gone was knapped off

Wonder why they would break a perfectly good point like that then? It does look like the bottom was worked after the large section came off. Looks like they were trying to set up step fractures and blew the bottom out. I do not think they removed the large section on purpose though not saying they did not mess with it after the break. Just my guess.
I have been wrong before.

Tn im always wrong about everything just ask my wife.. i see what your saying about setting up steps but i dont think there was anything chipped off where i highlighted

ForumRunner_20121217_14034244.png

Wonder why they would break a perfectly good point like that then? It does look like the bottom was worked after the large section came off. Looks like they were trying to set up step fractures and blew the bottom out. I do not think they removed the large section on purpose though not saying they did not mess with it after the break. Just my guess.
I have been wrong before.

Yeah i don't think it was done on purpose but they used it anyway which makes it very unique

I like the uniface side with horizontal knapping half way down, I've never found that type of knapping before

I think it may need to be pointed out that it was built to be Hafted off center.that may be where the confusion is.

Tn im always wrong about everything just ask my wife.. i see what your saying about setting up steps but i dont think there was anything chipped off where i highlighted

View attachment 713798

You are right on the picture it all broke off as one piece. They had their form and was trying to reduce it down. Haha tell your wife she needs to read here where you are most often right !

I think it is a good find regardless because it provokes thought and makes you think and discuss the possibilities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back