JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at the bottom of an old burn pill yes I realize it garbage when I dug it out I was hoping it would have the makers emblem on from as I know they can be worth something but all my digging was in vain lol but anyways since I dug it up anyone know anything about I'm curious and after its going to the garbage

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150212_171151.png
    ForumRunner_20150212_171151.png
    298.7 KB · Views: 168
  • ForumRunner_20150212_171209.png
    ForumRunner_20150212_171209.png
    276 KB · Views: 128
  • ForumRunner_20150212_171220.png
    ForumRunner_20150212_171220.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 162
Probably from the range of 1930's to 1950's.

Upvote 0
Okay thank you lol I was so disappointed when I dug it out was so much work to get it out covered by barbed wire and was caught under some old metal water tank lots of work for nothing but I know that's just how it goes

Upvote 0
Okay all interesting inputs its always nice to learn new things I enjoy learning more about different time periods of items being into antiques and stuff I hope to learn enough to contribute to helping others on here as everyone on here is so helpful I don't know too much about things being only 23 and not so familiar with antiques and older things

Upvote 0
Some of those older bikes are worth a pretty penny. Rusty old bikes have gone for big bucks at auctions and know that bike shops will buy older bikes if its the right kind and decent enough condition to be restorable. Who knows what exactly you have there, the large chain guard suggests 30's 40's but I'm no expert. Good luck finding out and let us know what happens

Upvote 0
Okay I'll hold on it for a bit than before I decide what to do with it

Upvote 0
Check out the Classic Antique Bike Exchange {CABE} online for help with ID and possibly a buyer. steve

Upvote 0
In the second row of the search below there is one which seems to have a matching chain guard. My iPad doesn't like Pintrest for some reason, so I can't open it, beyond seeing that they seem to to be suing its a girls Scwinn Stingray, although I'm not sure that it is... Yours would seem to be missing a bar if that's the case? vintage bicycle chrome "chain guard" - Google Search

Upvote 0
Its extremely damaged but I'm surprised its even still intact as much as it is it was in my families burn pile which was there when my grandparents moved here 30 years ago and they use the burn pile a lot there's always been stuff in the pile even before they put stuff in it to burn and that bike had to have been burned countless times I have no idea how its even thought it is in horrible shape I thought it'd be way worse

Upvote 0
Its neat just too bad I didn't find it years before as I said its in awful shape most likely will toss it but still not sure

Upvote 0
clean it up and hang it on the wall....I am serous. I have an old beat truck door hanging on my wall, it is a piece of art.

Upvote 0
That may be a good idea or I'll see if anyone wants it

Upvote 0
Email your Pictures to The American Picker guys- that could be a money piece! They know bikes.

Upvote 0
Funny you say that my step father is going to do that lol

Upvote 0
putting these side by side there are a lot of similarities the two things different I noticed was the wheels on the OP's are hard rubber style and there isn't the the bar from the seat post to the handle bar post?buzz.jpgForumRunner_20150212_171151.pngIt could have been Frankensteined together. I know I did that a lot as a kid put more than one bike with another.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back