JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at the bottom of an old burn pill yes I realize it garbage when I dug it out I was hoping it would have the makers emblem on from as I know they can be worth something but all my digging was in vain lol but anyways since I dug it up anyone know anything about I'm curious and after its going to the garbage

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150212_171151.png
    ForumRunner_20150212_171151.png
    298.7 KB · Views: 168
  • ForumRunner_20150212_171209.png
    ForumRunner_20150212_171209.png
    276 KB · Views: 128
  • ForumRunner_20150212_171220.png
    ForumRunner_20150212_171220.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 162
putting these side by side there are a lot of similarities the two things different I noticed was the wheels on the OP's are hard rubber style and there isn't the the bar from the seat post to the handle bar post?View attachment 1119455View attachment 1119456It could have been Frankensteined together. I know I did that a lot as a kid put more than one bike with another.

If you look at the head tube it looks like there's a broken off stub of a top tube there.... hard to say for sure, but I'll bet it's a western flyer. The wheels may not be original to the frame.... it also could be an older bike that I'm not aware of, but I have a Buzz Bike, and that chain guard is pretty distinctive....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree, and noted that broken tube. The one I'd tried to point out earlier I believe is a "miss buzz" girls bike (mis-identified as a stingray). The reason I think it may be that is that the rear portion of the missing tube is molded to the frame the same way, rather than a cut-off portion of the boys version of the bike, if that makes any sense?
First bike in this search: http://www.google.com/search?q="197...&sa=X&ei=l77gVOWOO_eTsQTSoYAw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have no clue on the age, I tried to research it but found nothing except it is probably from the 1950's.

What time period is the burn pile from? If the burn pile is from a specific time than the bike is from that time too.

Upvote 0
I do not know the age of the burn pile all I know is it was used in the 40s but it may have been used even later than that its along side an irrigation canal that's been there a since at least 1920s by the maps of the property I've look at but I tend to be Mr unlucky with finds so lol probably is just junk but was interesting finding it I suppose

Upvote 0
I do not know the age of the burn pile all I know is it was used in the 40s but it may have been used even later than that its along side an irrigation canal that's been there a since at least 1920s by the maps of the property I've look at but I tend to be Mr unlucky with finds so lol probably is just junk but was interesting finding it I suppose

Well don't toss it on the scrap heap just yet, believe it or not, there's probably someone out there who would give you a few bucks for it, if not to restore then maybe just as a wall hanger... Check some online collector forums, you might get lucky yet.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back