Anybody think this is the real deal?

$MELTER-1

Jul 10, 2024
Central Louisiana (DA-BOOT)
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre , bounty hunter quick draw pro , bounty hunter pioneer ex with 4in. Sniper coil ,GP pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_20240726_155441_407.jpg
    IMG_20240726_155441_407.jpg
    868 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20240726_155312_409.jpg
    IMG_20240726_155312_409.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20240726_155403_627.jpg
    IMG_20240726_155403_627.jpg
    885.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20240726_155508_678.jpg
    IMG_20240726_155508_678.jpg
    956.6 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 12
Just letting you know I went to the site you suggested and read about the tests you talked about and there's a few I could do myself so after I finally got it uncrimped from the setting it passed the first four tests so I have their appraisal kit on the way so thank you Tasha your a gem.T
Just letting you know I went to the site you suggested and read about the tests you talked about and there's a few I could do myself so after I finally got it uncrimped from the setting it passed the first four tests so I have their appraisal kit on the way so thank you Tasha your a gem.

That's awesome Hun, Yeah when you do get your kit in the mail. Read everything they send you in the kit. And I know you probably wanna rush to get it sent out, but record everything you do when you get the kit, from beginning to end. on a video recording. It's documentation for yourself. When they finally get it they also will do a video recording of your packaging. There at there lab , before they appraise it. I'm just giving you a head start. Let me know how things go, I'm rooting for you hun.
Just letting you know I went to the site you suggested and read about the tests you talked about and there's a few I could do myself so after I finally got it uncrimped from the setting it passed the first four tests so I have their appraisal kit on the way so thank you Tasha

Last edited:
It is rare to see diamonds in silver mountings, especially quality diamonds, it does happen on occasion rings but it is fairly rare.

Even on gold rings mist diamonds lose their value quickly unless the are flawless solitaire diamond over 1 ct..... Diamonds have huge markups.
Well actually it's not that rare . Not everyone likes gold. I personally like white gold. But I prefer silver. I have a 3ct. diamond ring in a sterling silver setting.
It's got two indentions maybe where letters were but being grinded in that rock hard drive right under the tire tracks it was worn down n I couldn't make out anything but the stone itself didn't have a scratch.

Well actually it's not that rare . Not everyone likes gold. I personally like white gold. But I prefer silver. I have a 3 carrot diamonds ring in a sterling silver setting.
My mom had silver rings with diamonds, but It is still fairly rare, silver is cheap, tarnishes fast, and is soft. Prongs bend easily and stones get lost.

My mom had silver rings with diamonds, but It is still fairly rare, silver is cheap, tarnishes fast, and is soft. Prongs bend easily and stones get lost.
Yes I can agree with what your saying. But if the silver was maid right when it was being crafted from scratch, which I can do that myself. My grandmother taught me how to cut gemstones & my Aunt & Uncle taught me how to melt down silver & shape & design it how I liked it. I went to college & got all certified & GIA certifications. But back to the question. It just needs to be crafted right with no flaws so you don't lose anything precious.

From the photo it the post setting looks marked up/patina the way silver looks.

View attachment 2160873

From talking with my broker that bought my company (he was also a diamond jewelry store owner).
He stated that diamonds are set in sterling, most will be set in white gold or platinum instead.

Do this simple test to see if it is actually.

View attachment 2160878
Did it twice no black.

From the photo it the post setting looks marked up/patina the way silver looks.

View attachment 2160873

From talking with my broker that bought my company (he was also a diamond jewelry store owner).
He stated that diamonds are set in sterling, most will be set in white gold or platinum instead.

Do this simple test to see if it is actually.

View attachment 2160878
There is an E C stamped in the setting that I never saw till now cause it was filled with dirt

It is rare to see diamonds in silver mountings, especially quality diamonds, it does happen on occasion rings but it is fairly rare.

Even on gold rings mist diamonds lose their value quickly unless the are flawless solitaire diamond over 1 ct..... Diamonds have huge markups.
Sadly that is true most retail jewellery shops have huge retail mark ups when sold to customer. The value for most diamonds are just not there.

Jewellery has been churned out by the millions. The pawn shops are full of them worth about a third that was originally paid for them. A flawless solitaire diamond over 1 ct or larger Diamonds Do indeed have huge markups.

The biggest determination of the value of a diamond are the 4 C's Cut, Color, Carat and clarity. If you have four big ticks there than your in the money.

Here is one that has the 4 C'S

1200x800.png

Here is a chart of the 4cs below to gauge value of diamonds.

4c.JPG

here is imperfect diamond below

4c imprefect diamond.JPG

A perfect diamond

4c perfect diamond.JPG

Crow

Last edited:
It looks good to me. The hallmarks are there. Though the girdle is rather rough. If you are in New Orleans swing by the shop and I'll test it and the metal for you. I've got an XRF in the store.
The bad news is that diamonds are really going through a rough patch because of lab created diamonds. I can source a 2.5 CT triple Ex, D color, vvs2, emerald cut for about 450$ now. 1ct rounds have dropped to less than 99$ per carat. That is killing the natural market as well. We are off 35% since the spring, and last spring was 40% lower than the summer of 23.

It looks good to me. The hallmarks are there. Though the girdle is rather rough. If you are in New Orleans swing by the shop and I'll test it and the metal for you. I've got an XRF in the store.
The bad news is that diamonds are really going through a rough patch because of lab created diamonds. I can source a 2.5 CT triple Ex, D color, vvs2, emerald cut for about 450$ now. 1ct rounds have dropped to less than 99$ per carat. That is killing the natural market as well. We are off 35% since the spring, and last spring was 40% lower than the summer of 23.
I think the market around the world is experiencing falling demand and global supply problems.

Diamond market

Crow

Last edited:
That is why I try to tell people once that diamond ring leaves the store it's value actually drops to the value of the gold and only a few dollars extra for the diamonds, especially when sold from the chain jewelry stores.

That is why I try to tell people once that diamond ring leaves the store it's value actually drops to the value of the gold and only a few dollars extra for the diamonds, especially when sold from the chain jewelry stores.
Quality estate jewelry (diamonds) will hold better value if it has solid providence.

Chain store diamonds = buying a new car basically-Drive it off the lot and OUCH!

There is EC stamped in the setting I didn't see it cause they were filled with dirt

There is EC stamped in the setting I didn't see it cause they were filled with dirt
EC stamped on jewelry usually means it was made in European country.

Quality estate jewelry (diamonds) will hold better value if it has solid providence.

Chain store diamonds = buying a new car basically-Drive it off the lot and OUCH!
Facts, this is an example of a quality estate piece. 4ct Columbian emerald, certified as insignificant treatment, surrounded by 4.5 carats of colorless mine cut diamonds set in platinum and 18k. French hallmarks dated 1890. Retail Value 52k.

Attachments

• 20240203_170414.jpg
    20240203_170414.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20240202_133337.jpg
    20240202_133337.jpg
    779.6 KB · Views: 8
Facts, this is an example of a quality estate piece. 4ct Columbian emerald, certified as insignificant treatment, surrounded by 4.5 carats of colorless mine cut diamonds set in platinum and 18k. French hallmarks dated 1890. Retail Value 52k.
That's a beautiful looking ring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back