Any whispers of a 2018 model from Tesoro?

WHAT?! You want me to have a source? Its been in the works for years, surely its ready! :dontknow: :tongue3: :laughing9:
Oh, I would not be all excited or get your hopes up about that there Jason.

Terry, what the latest news?

I got a Minelab Equinox 600. This machine replaced my Silver uMax; Cibola; Vaquero; Outlaw; Tejon; Tiger Shark; and Sand Shark. Things are about to change greatly at the factory in Prescott, in personnel and focus. I can't say more than that. Tesoro, like Garrett; Fisher; and Whites, are ALL rethinking their product lines with the release of affordable multi-freq coupled with single-freq. Not a good time for them, but a new dawn for the hobbyist! :occasion14:

I got a Minelab Equinox 600. This machine replaced my Silver uMax; Cibola; Vaquero; Outlaw; Tejon; Tiger Shark; and Sand Shark. Things are about to change greatly at the factory in Prescott, in personnel and focus. I can't say more than that. Tesoro, like Garrett; Fisher; and Whites, are ALL rethinking their product lines with the release of affordable multi-freq coupled with single-freq. Not a good time for them, but a new dawn for the hobbyist! :occasion14:

I am shocked...shocked I tell ya!

Attachments

• 28dx2i.jpg
    28dx2i.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 86

Hmmm... Terry sells all but two of his Tesoros and states that great changes are coming in Prescott, both in personnel and focus. That sounds very ominous to me... will they still make metal detectors? Will they continue to service the ones they have already produced? What will come of the last stronghold for analog detectors?

Not really believing the digital hype, I mean if the Tesoros find the goodies, have excellent disc, separation, depth, there's not really much reason left to jump ship. I'll stick with Tesoros.

Not really believing the digital hype, I mean if the Tesoros find the goodies, have excellent disc, separation, depth, there's not really much reason left to jump ship. I'll stick with Tesoros.

That’s how I feel as well. I just hope Tesoro sticks around for awhile yet with great analog detectors!

Sorry Terry, been hearing that for years from a few on these forums even before the Cazador fiasco. We all know how that ended up. Years ago, Tabman stated that they were expanding the factory and hiring employees. I asked where he heard that from, said it was right from Rusty. That was around when the 8x11 coil came out and Tesoro was setting the world on fire with it, then with the big color change that was launching Tesoro over the top. Then again with the new breakthrough technology of the Mojave that was just going to rocket them to the top of the industry again. So, some of us remain a bit skeptical. We will have to see again I guess if anyone actually does know. Otherwise, nothing but gossip... lol

If Tesoro outsources the production to China, would it really matter? No one seems to be bothered by buying detectors made in Malaysia, France or Turkey. In fact, they claim some of those to be the best thing since sliced bread. If Tesoro keeps their lifetime warranty, and drops their prices to be more competitive, they will sel a lot of machines. Just imagine a Mojave at Walmart for $99.95.

Sorry Terry, been hearing that for years from a few on these forums even before the Cazador fiasco. We all know how that ended up. Years ago, Tabman stated that they were expanding the factory and hiring employees. I asked where he heard that from, said it was right from Rusty. That was around when the 8x11 coil came out and Tesoro was setting the world on fire with it, then with the big color change that was launching Tesoro over the top. Then again with the new breakthrough technology of the Mojave that was just going to rocket them to the top of the industry again. So, some of us remain a bit skeptical. We will have to see again I guess if anyone actually does know. Otherwise, nothing but gossip... lol

What did I say, that you have been "hearing for years?" :skullflag:

If Tesoro outsources the production to China, would it really matter? No one seems to be bothered by buying detectors made in Malaysia, France or Turkey. In fact, they claim some of those to be the best thing since sliced bread. If Tesoro keeps their lifetime warranty, and drops their prices to be more competitive, they will sel a lot of machines. Just imagine a Mojave at Walmart for $99.95.

Tesoro "outsourcing production to China," is ridiculous on its face. No one has EVER suggested this. Their prices are already competitive. :skullflag:

Seriously? The Cortes is competitively priced? I really enjoyed using it, but I bought used for $400. No way I would pay anymore than that for a machine that can’t even GB in disc. And that was 10 years ago. In today’s market I can’t fathom why anyone would buy one new when for the same price, or cheaper, you can get multi tone, multi frequency, wireless and waterproof technology.

Also, did you notice the “if”?

Dan, I agree with you! Tesoro, and everybody else is chasing Minelab's Equinox now - they have ALL fallen behind. We can all pick one machine out of a brand's lineup we don't like or think is too expensive. I believe just about everyone would say most of the Tesoro line is indeed affordable, and delivers a lot of bang for the buck! :occasion14:

I was info by Tesoro that they are not coming out with a new detector this year and do not know when they are coming out with a new detector. Call them up for the latest news.

You’re right, most are affordable, and one, particularly the Vaquero, is arguably one of the best machines available from any manufacturer. I’m considering adding another to my arsenal.

I was info by Tesoro that they are not coming out with a new detector this year and do not know when they are coming out with a new detector. Call them up for the latest news.

Well... I am sorry to hear that. I was just hoping for something like the Outlaw or Tesoro with an adjustable tone break, that’s all.

But, I will still buy a new Tesoro this year... the Black Tejon with an additional 5 3/4 inch coil. Those two together will cost about the same as one of those new Nox thingies, but I will get the Tesoro anyways. :headbang:

What did I say, that you have been "hearing for years?" :skullflag:
About the "great" changes that are going to be taking place. Heard it all in these forums. Tesoro can't keep up with production and is expanding. When the 8x11 came on the market and was going to be the coil on the Cazador so get ready for it. They are not doing well and may go under. Then, they are hiring engineers, etc, etc. It all has just been gossip, gossip, and more gossip...:laughing7:

Tesoro puts out a great product. I own The Vaquero and will probably alway have that detector. I did own the Cortes for a short while (bought used) and would never pay full price for that machine. It’s good, but in today’s market you can get so much more from a detector for that price. Tesoro needs to be competitive and relevant. They should offer the classics but keep up with technology and offer something new. If I were in charge, I’d create a stronger presence on social media, update their website that hasn’t changed in 10+ years, and try to appeal to a younger crowd. I’ve been holding out for a while thinking Tesoro would offer something new and the Mojave came out - same old same old - great machine nothing new. I’ve been brand loyal to Tesoro almost to a fault; not anymore. I’m in the market for a new detector and will probably buy a Nokta, Makro, Minelab or Deus. Sorry Tesoro, too little too late.

About the "great" changes that are going to be taking place. Heard it all in these forums. Tesoro can't keep up with production and is expanding. When the 8x11 came on the market and was going to be the coil on the Cazador so get ready for it. They are not doing well and may go under. Then, they are hiring engineers, etc, etc. It all has just been gossip, gossip, and more gossip...:laughing7:

Better go back and read my post again. I wrote, "..Things are about to change greatly at the factory in Prescott,.." :occasion14:

Yeah, that's two completely different things. "..Things are about to change greatly at the factory in Prescott,.." doesn't necessarily mean the changes will be great, as in, positive changes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back