Any clue?

BuckEyE_OG

Jul 1, 2013
Hey guys found this marble looking ball in a farm field was wondering if any one knew what it might be,oh yea it has a flat spot on the bottom
ForumRunner_20130727_191025.png

ForumRunner_20130727_191056.png

Almost looks like a marble.
Is it glass or stone???

Tim

Upvote 0
it looks to be granite

Upvote 0
The granite ball is a "Minerals Collectible." Note that it is very highly polished (looking glossy-wet), and it has a small flat spot so it won't roll off your minerals-collection display shelf. There are many varieties, made from different minerals. You can buy them at most Gem-&-Mineral-Collector shops. As a former "rock-hound" and Mineral Collector myself, I've owned several and I'm sure about that one's ID.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info cannonball,was very interested in finding out what it was...so do u have any idea what it might be worth,not looking to sell just wondering if it has any value?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using TreasureNet

Upvote 0
Because granite is an extremely common mineral on earth, most of that 2-inch granite ball's cost was the labor-cost of shaping it and polishing it to "glassy" shinyness. As you know, the price of Collectibles varies a lot, depending on the selling location. At a fleamarket, your shiny 2-inch granite ball would sell for about $5. In a Mineral-Collector shop, probably around $10.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back