Antique water nozzles

IHC656

Jul 17, 2023
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was curious on the manufacture dateā€™s of these water nozzles. I thought Iā€™d see if anyone here would know.
Have one marked (cascade)
Another marked (Diamond)
And a crude brass nozzle has no markings, this one was found at a home abandoned approximately 1933.
6BB101C3-C47E-4A57-81D6-81596B3D482E.jpeg

I dont know how to or any dating info on these...
i have several myself... and all i know is... they don't make em like that anymore.
And haven't for at least many many years it appears.

I do know they are not really that old in general... perhaps they stem from as early as the 20's ? but i am purely speculating.
Perhaps someone here knows a bit more on these and will shed some more light than this.

There's a fellow in the Genesee Valley Treasure Seekers that specializes in old nozzles. Sorry I don't recall his name.

Throughout my lifetime, the two main styles of nozzles were the chrome-plated pistol type, and these twist-type brass beauties. We've always had the brass--still got one--they last for decades if not longer.

Solid brass nozzles are still available today, and collections are selling on auction sites for an avg. of a few bucks apiece.

IDK if there's such a thing as a "collectible" garden nozzle. :dontknow:
Now, fire hose nozzles... I understand are quite collectible, but chances of finding one MDing are probably pretty slim. I can't imagine a fire brigade just losing/tossing one.

Solid brass nozzles are still available today, and collections are selling on auction sites for an avg. of a few bucks apiece.

IDK if there's such a thing as a "collectible" garden nozzle. :dontknow:
Now, fire hose nozzles... I understand are quite collectible, but chances of finding one MDing are probably pretty slim. I can't imagine a fire brigade just losing/tossing one.
Thanks for the comment, I been just looking through some of my previous metal detecting finds while I recover from my knee surgery.
Seen Amazon was selling new.
Only curious as to the age. I thought these nozzles were interesting to look at and maybe use again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back