Another one from the 'hunted out' yard

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
Weather was fair today for Michigan on the last day of November, so I went back to the stately old yard where I got the 1853 dime and the 1881 IHP last week. It is indeed pretty clean, but I can cover more ground with the Deus II 11" coil than I used to with the old detectors with their 8" coils. I was moving steadily across a large, clean area when the Deus rang up a solid 94 both ways. 2" deep was an 1876-S quarter in nice shape. The nearest iron was a foot away. I looked for it to see if the quarter had been masked. It was not. Previous hunters cleaned most of it, but they did not meticulously cover every inch.
1876SeatedQuarter11-30-23.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 45
Weather was fair today for Michigan on the last day of November, so I went back to the stately old yard where I got the 1853 dime and the 1881 IHP last week. It is indeed pretty clean, but I can cover more ground with the Deus II 11" coil than I used to with the old detectors with their 8" coils. I was moving steadily across a large, clean area when the Deus rang up a solid 94 both ways. 2" deep was an 1876-S quarter in nice shape. The nearest iron was a foot away. I looked for it to see if the quarter had been masked. It was not. Previous hunters cleaned most of it, but they did not meticulously cover every inch.View attachment 2118081
I gotta tell ya, its a beauty of a coin....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back