Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to a site today that I have pounded several times over the past 10 years. The farmer had tilled the soil and made it much easier to hunt. I hunted three hours and found these. Made my
IMG_5624.jpeg
day. Civil war cuff button, fatty Indian head penny, a gold gilt flat button, what looks like part of a sportsman button, and a couple of ???

Upvote 30
Got out to a site today that I have pounded several times over the past 10 years. The farmer had tilled the soil and made it much easier to hunt. I hunted three hours and found these. Made my View attachment 2132805day. Civil war cuff button, fatty Indian head penny, a gold gilt flat button, what looks like part of a sportsman button, and a couple of ???
I did some research on the civil war button. Turns out that the field site that I found two of them belonged to a civil war veteran in 1871 Named James s waterman. Only a mile from my home. Lots of history in northern Illinois.

Got out to a site today that I have pounded several times over the past 10 years. The farmer had tilled the soil and made it much easier to hunt. I hunted three hours and found these. Made my View attachment 2132805day. Civil war cuff button, fatty Indian head penny, a gold gilt flat button, what looks like part of a sportsman button, and a couple of ???
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back