American GOP is an Impediment to Obama Governing.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect you did not lose anyone during the Iraq war, that bush sent us into under false pretense...

40, of New Bedford, Massachusetts.
Camara was one of two soldiers who were killed when their vehicle was struck by an improvised explosive device on Main Supply Route Tampa, south of Baghdad, Iraq. Camara was assigned to the 115th Military Police Company, U.S. Army National Guard, Cranston, Rhode Island. Died on September 1, 2003.

Fallen Heroes Memorial: Army Staff Sgt. Joseph Camara
The few in my family that served there did come home. I am so very sorry for the many who didn't..... and more.......

I guess I'm missing your point though. We should be having MORE lies, secret meetings, and backdoor deals? I was referring to our current administration, I wasn't even thinking/talking about Bush and that whole other mess.
So please forgive me, if I don't understand what you are eluding to.
Hey, also, I like your avatar, what is it? It looks like nice stained glass.

The few in my family that served there did come home. I am so very sorry for the many who didn't..... and more.......

I guess I'm missing your point though. We should be having MORE lies, secret meetings, and backdoor deals? I was referring to our current administration, I wasn't even thinking/talking about Bush and that whole other mess.
So please forgive me, if I don't understand what you are eluding to.
Hey, also, I like your avatar, what is it? It looks like nice stained glass.

Thank you'r family for there service, my comment is that during President Bush 2, the invasion of Iraq was based on lies, backroom deals, corruption, ever heard of haliburton.
I find it hard to believe that only now is the Constitution or backroom deals such a big deal, but when our solders were in battle and dying based on falls intelligence it was ok... Every one in the Bush 2 administration, should have been held after leaving office, to answer questions of treason and profiteering...

Last edited:
Make no mistake, there were many of us questioning a lot of things, back then too! Just no one wanted to hear it/believe it, it was all conspiracy talk, yes yes there are wmd's, no no, no moneys ever lost, contracts, hahahahaha, they laughed all the way to their banks and depositors! It was a big deal then, and nothing was done about it! And we're STILL sending our men and women........
If I am not mistaken, there has been talk among the International World Court, in regards to war crime indictments. Honestly though, I can't say where I read/heard this, sorry.
Thank you to your family too and condolences.

It's about money and power! I always say: follow the money trail!
Who's bank accounts are getting fat off this whole debacle?
I wonder what companies O's portfolio holds! :icon_scratch:

It's about money and power! I always say: follow the money trail!
Who's bank accounts are getting fat off this whole debacle?
I wonder what companies O's portfolio holds! :icon_scratch:

Thank You,
I don't care if its Obama or Bush or future president, if there is proven corruption or treason or profiteering from the death of any U.S. citizen or legal resident or betrayal of the ideas of the constitution then they should face the full force of the legal system, but don't come with the bull he is going to take our guns or we are a Muslim country now or that there are FIMA trucks ready to take us to camps.... LETS AT LEAST BE HONEST......

I have one thing to say, but I'll let A. Bunker take the floor on this one...

When you've got nothing attack the messenger not the message. Go for it NH!

Oh, but we do have something...you said the GOP has a "new" name, You are probably a nice guy with lots of good opinions on other things so no "attacking the messenger here". Just attacking your bogus fact. Mother Hillary's husband Bill called the Gop the "party of no" over 20 years ago, so it not a "new name" as you claim. Bill and Hillary have been trying to ruin the healthcare system from way back in '92. I'm sure you are really nice guy with many other facts that might not be bogus. This one is, though.

You are also wrong about his approval ratings and poll numbers.

Not killin' the messenger...just sayin'

Last edited:
wow pat...you guys sure didn't need me to go off the deep end:occasion18:

It is good to jump off the deep end because that's where the "freedom" to dive safely is. If you jump off the shallow end, you hit your head so hard you become a Democrat.:tongue1:

olroy70:

If you are referring to President Obama, the obvious answer is we are not.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Let me see if i've got this straight?

Chad says i don't know what I'm talking about because our approval/disapproval polls don't match. Mine puts the pubs at a 91% disapproval rate his says the Pubs are only at an 85% disapproval rate.

Junk accuses me of posting bogus facts because he dug up a quote from 20 years ago where Bill Clinton used the term Party of no to describe Newt's obstructionist ways and i said in my post that the term was a new term.

Seriously gentlemen, are you kidding me?

Even if my poll is off by 6 percentage points and the term Party of No has been dusted off after a 20 year hiatus, who cares!!!!????

The point, which you both missed or ignored, isn't % points or when names have been coined, it's what is going on in our government today. The republicans have become obstructionist.

3 in 10 Cloture motions filed in the history of the Senate were filed while McConnell was minority leader! 3 in 10! That's crazy! While filibuster wasn't unheard of before the dems gained the majority in the Senate, they have become epidemic in the last three years. Simply put, these people are not governing. The people's business is not getting done!

The filibuster was put in place for a reason. To give the minority party the power to force compromise. And, until lately, it has worked very well. it is a good thing for all of us. Great minds coming together. But not lately! Lately the repubs have used the Filibuster to block, repeal, and obstruct movement in the Senate. Compromise is not on the table. That is not the way our system was intended to work.

personally, i don't agree with the Nuclear option, what goes around comes around, but what other choice is there?

The republicans have blocked everything from appeals court appointments to funding the Army Corps of Engineers. It is one thing in DC to have these all so important philosophical discussions about just who is qualified to be a judge and who isn't, it's another when commercial fisherman are having their boats repossessed by banks because they couldn't get out of port because the the Senate and House wouldn't give the ACorp Engineers the money to do their job.

it doesn't matter if the number is 85% or 91% or how long people have been calling the republicans the party of no, it's time to stop the insanity! it's time to move forward!

Last edited:
NF"The republicans have blocked everything from appeals court appointments to funding the Army Corps of Engineers. It is one thing in DC to have these all so important philosophical discussions about just who is qualified to be a judge and who isn't, it's another when commercial fisherman are having their boats repossessed by banks because they couldn't get out of port because the the Senate and House wouldn't give the ACorp Engineers the money to do their job.

it doesn't matter if the number is 85% or 91% or how long people have been calling the republicans the party of no, it's time to stop the insanity! it's time to move forward!"

I hear the drumbeat of barbarians. I hear the rule of law and our system of government crumbling. A few, "lord of the flies" are trying to lead the way into a glorious new direction.

Dave44:

If the GNoP wants to help solve America's problems, it needs to start working towards solutions and stop just being in the way.

What does a parent do when a 4th grader won't get dressed for school? Happened to me. I told our son "Today will be known in your school as the day you came in your pj's." He got dressed.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

NF"The republicans have blocked everything from appeals court appointments to funding the Army Corps of Engineers. It is one thing in DC to have these all so important philosophical discussions about just who is qualified to be a judge and who isn't, it's another when commercial fisherman are having their boats repossessed by banks because they couldn't get out of port because the the Senate and House wouldn't give the ACorp Engineers the money to do their job.

it doesn't matter if the number is 85% or 91% or how long people have been calling the republicans the party of no, it's time to stop the insanity! it's time to move forward!"

I hear the drumbeat of barbarians. I hear the rule of law and our system of government crumbling. A few, "lord of the flies" are trying to lead the way into a glorious new direction.

The rule of law was being abused for republican gain. The adults finally stepped in and said enough. The people deserve a government that governs.

Attachments

• barack-obama-pied-piper-perso.jpg
    barack-obama-pied-piper-perso.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 69
Right OB, Hopefully that will teach the Reps not to trust the children in the Dem party, Every time they throw a tantrum the GOP caves in to their spoiled and selfish behavior, to the point that even the somewhat civilized Dems have become drunk with power and greed.

It is time for the Republicans to stand up and be a foil to the Dems descent into madness. They need to either become constitutionalists or join the Totalitarians on the left.

Let me see if i've got this straight?

Chad says i don't know what I'm talking about because our approval/disapproval polls don't match. Mine puts the pubs at a 91% disapproval rate his says the Pubs are only at an 85% disapproval rate.

Junk accuses me of posting bogus facts because he dug up a quote from 20 years ago where Bill Clinton used the term Party of no to describe Newt's obstructionist ways and i said in my post that the term was a new term.

Seriously gentlemen, are you kidding me?

Even if my poll is off by 6 percentage points and the term Party of No has been dusted off after a 20 year hiatus, who cares!!!!????

The point, which you both missed or ignored, isn't % points or when names have been coined, it's what is going on in our government today. The republicans have become obstructionist.

3 in 10 Cloture motions filed in the history of the Senate were filed while McConnell was minority leader! 3 in 10! That's crazy! While filibuster wasn't unheard of before the dems gained the majority in the Senate, they have become epidemic in the last three years. Simply put, these people are not governing. The people's business is not getting done!

The filibuster was put in place for a reason. To give the minority party the power to force compromise. And, until lately, it has worked very well. it is a good thing for all of us. Great minds coming together. But not lately! Lately the repubs have used the Filibuster to block, repeal, and obstruct movement in the Senate. Compromise is not on the table. That is not the way our system was intended to work.

personally, i don't agree with the Nuclear option, what goes around comes around, but what other choice is there?

The republicans have blocked everything from appeals court appointments to funding the Army Corps of Engineers. It is one thing in DC to have these all so important philosophical discussions about just who is qualified to be a judge and who isn't, it's another when commercial fisherman are having their boats repossessed by banks because they couldn't get out of port because the the Senate and House wouldn't give the ACorp Engineers the money to do their job.

it doesn't matter if the number is 85% or 91% or how long people have been calling the republicans the party of no, it's time to stop the insanity! it's time to move forward!

I'll make it VERY SIMPLE

Your posted poll is the OVERALL.

Includes opinions of the COMBINED CONGRESS ... i.e. BOTH PARTIES.

Congress AS A WHOLE has a 9.1% approval rating.

The two polls I posted are NOT COMBINED.

You ERRONEOUSLY said that the poll you posted was only the approval for the REPUBLICANS. It was not.

I posted the approval poll for both the democrats AND for the republicans by party.

Neither party is rated at 9.1%.

Reading ... try it sometime.

Chad:

You are attempting to draw a distinction without a significant difference.

What are the respective margins of error in those two polls? A 6 point difference between any two polls (which are going to have margins of error around +/- 3% to 5%) is no meaningful difference.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Chad:

You are attempting to draw a distinction without a significant difference.

What are the respective margins of error in those two polls? A 6 point difference between any two polls (which are going to have margins of error around +/- 3% to 5%) is no meaningful difference.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

So, you are incapable of reading and understanding as well?

If you won't read the posted information, then DON'T COMMENT.

Both parties, individually are in the 20+% approval. The 9.1% approval is for congress as a whole.

Reading, it's not just for conservatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back