DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the field where I found the V nickel and the barber dime for a little bit this evening and the first signal I got said quarter to half back and forth. I cut out a plug and saw dimes in a long row. I dug all of them out and counted them...50 all in a row....My first roll of dimes found. The paper had rotted away but I was beside myself for a little bit. They are all clad dimes but I'm very happy tonight. I had 3 nickels but one has gotten misplaced. That button has mother of pearl on the front and a metal back. You all have a good one :) :) :)

DANGLANGLEY

Attachments

• IMG_3914.JPG
    IMG_3914.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 998
  • IMG_3921.JPG
    IMG_3921.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 984
Upvote 0
Well, congratulations!!! The most dimes I have found in one hole is 9. They were all lined up together.

Maybe my time is coming soon also (been trying since '74 to find a whole roll). I have heard of several people doing it. A guy I talked to once, claimed to have eyeballed a roll of mercs when he tore up a boardwalk around an old arcade. Sounded credible to me!

Happy for you! ..............HH

Neat finds DL---Hope the next roll is silver.

way to go dang...a roll at a time is the way to do it! hey, i noticed you also have an old deepseeker....i got 2 of them, and they can still pull up some old deep coins at times...i also have an explorer 2, and a 6000 di pro...! good job man!

Dang, that's a true rarity. I would concider that a small cache for sure. Next time may it be dollar rolls. Way to go!

Nice! Bet that sounded sweet.

A couple years ago I found 12 clad quarters in a stack on their sides with no signs of paper or wrapper at the town park and have always wondered how they got placed so neatly.

Good going DL. Hope the next time its all silver and you don't have to wait another 31 years.

Desertfox

Cool find! Have you checked the dates to get an idea when this might have been dropped?

Dang,
You sir are on a ROLL ! ;) What a cool find.
Congrats,
MM

Wow..

You rarely, if ever in a career of detecting.. see something like that!

Way to find em'

Hh from M2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back