A Taste Of The Ft Ancient Culture

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had several of my Ft Ancient trays out so I could gather up my Antler a Drifts for a group picture and figured while they were out I would take some news pics.

I figured I might as well share them.

The 1st picture is all of my Antler Drifts, except 2 I missed, for 83 total.
The 2nd is the trays on the table.
The 3rd is some Drifts and Bone Beads from the Hardin Village Site in Greenup county Kentucky.
The 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th are all from the Fuert Site in Scioto county Ohio.
The 8th is from the Schisler Site located just below Lucasville, Ohio and the Webster Mound in South Shore Kentucky.
The 9th is from Butler county Ohio.
The 10th is from the Hardin Site.
The 11th is from the Goldcamp Site in Lawrence county Ohio.
The next 4 are a Turtle Pendant, nice Triangle, and Shell Gorget in the 1st. Drill Deer Toe Tinklers in the 2nd. A Tallied Bone Awl and Drifts in the last two.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    517.4 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    849.2 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    427.9 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    642.3 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    628.7 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    695.4 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    532.5 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    525.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    590.9 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    553.2 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    482.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    451.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    537.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    532 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
Here's a few more pictures.

1st picture is from the Goldcamp Site in Lawrence county Ohio.
2nd is from the famous Fox Fields in Mason county Kentucky.
3rd is from the Feurt Site in Scioto county Ohio.
4th is a showcase and everything in it is from the Hardin Village Site in Greenup county Kentucky.
5th and 6th are from the Goldcamp Site.
7th is one of the finest Triangles I have ever found. From the Feurt Site.
8th is The Wall. The top three shelves are all pretty much Ft Ancient trays from a few different sites.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    642.4 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    776.2 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    897.2 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    768 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    870 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    842.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    682.6 KB · Views: 64
Here's a few more pictures.

1st picture is from the Goldcamp Site in Lawrence county Ohio.
2nd is from the famous Fox Fields in Mason county Kentucky.
3rd is from the Feurt Site in Scioto county Ohio.
4th is a showcase and everything in it is from the Hardin Village Site in Greenup county Kentucky.
5th and 6th are from the Goldcamp Site.
7th is one of the finest Triangles I have ever found. From the Feurt Site.
8th is The Wall. The top three shelves are all pretty much Ft Ancient trays from a few different sites.

That is a FABULOUS looking display Grim!!!!!!! I'd give anything to have a faction of it.... THANX for the PICS........

Amazing collection and it is good you have kept the info on where everything was found for future reference. That will be important when we are no longer around! You have a legacy to pass on. That brings me to another question. What do you plan on doing with your collection when it is time to go? Not being morbid and I sincerely hope we are all around for decades more. I don't know yet what I plan as my grandson's could care less about my collection and I surely am not "donating" it to a museum so the staff can take it all home. Just curious as to what people with valuable collections such as yourself intend to do. Sorry to ramble!

Amazing collection and it is good you have kept the info on where everything was found for future reference. That will be important when we are no longer around! You have a legacy to pass on. That brings me to another question. What do you plan on doing with your collection when it is time to go? Not being morbid and I sincerely hope we are all around for decades more. I don't know yet what I plan as my grandson's could care less about my collection and I surely am not "donating" it to a museum so the staff can take it all home. Just curious as to what people with valuable collections such as yourself intend to do. Sorry to ramble!

Thank you for the kind words about my collection.

My thoughts on my collection have always been to pass it down to my son, but unfortunately he never really showed a big interest in it. It's not that he doesn't like it and he always enjoys when I show him new finds. He just never got into like I did. He went with me a lot when he was young but lost interest when sports and girls became more important. If I don't get something in writing as to what should happen with it I'm sure my wife would auction it off and we have discussed that possibility with the bulk of the proceeds going to my son and his new bride. I do know it will not be donated to any museum. I have made that perfectly clear to my family that that is not to happen.

Hopefully i I have quite a few more years to decide, but that is never in our hands.

Thanks for asking

Incredible Grim, my father & I spent the past half hour enjoying the heck out of your photos. If you ever do decide to go to auction with your collection please give us T-Net members a heads up as to the where & when.

I hope this doesn't constitute a post hijack, please forgive me if it does. But I noticed you have a couple round flat stones that resemble one I found in a creek a couple weeks back. I thought it was likely natural but now I'm having second thoughts. Could you share what the 2 round artifacts seen below might have been used for & do you think the one in my hand might be Native American also? Thanks a bunch -- Mark

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535323365.825751.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535323379.574911.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535323401.273747.jpg

No problem at all Mark. What I have in my pictures are Stone Discs/Discoidals. These will a flat edge all the way around on the sides. Yours doesn't appear to have and is likely natural. Can you show a side view please?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back