A seat at my in-laws table!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
A seat at my in-laws' table!

I couldn't stand the thought of watching another Pirates debacle this afternoon, so I found what I consider to be a suitable alternative: detecting! I was first truly inspired to get a detector years ago when I found an 1886 Indian head penny in my in-laws' yard while planting raspberries (By the way, they're ripening now and we enjoyed a few!). In the early days, many of my "firsts" came from their yard: an 1843 large cent, a Barber Half and I'm sure several more. I've done a pretty thorough job there, but conditions change and I tried the "Coins and Jewelry" setting on my XLT for a different approach. I managed to pluck lots of scrap and two memorial pennies, but the best find of the day was worth all the effort (not to mention missing the game)! I've found a handful of Seated Liberty coins (three half dimes, a couple dimes, three or four quarters) over the years, and today was very pleased to add this 1888 dime! Pirates, you want to blow a chance you haven't had in 20 years? Be my guest; I'm signing off!

Attachments

• seated 001 (Small).jpg
    seated 001 (Small).jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 104
  • seated 002 (Small).jpg
    seated 002 (Small).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
Nice coin, sounds like that yard has been good to you.
I also have some late variety raspberries, that are just starting to ripen.

The heck with the pirates...Its Steeler season...& great find!

Great Job! I love the Seated Coins!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back